Rain8 stability and Fertigator

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Rain8 stability and Fertigator

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:42 pm

Mario or Dave,
I'm going to take the dive and replace my control to the rain 8 and software you have.

2 concerns:

I have notice stability issues in the forums... is this an ongoing issue with the wgl controllers, or isolated to a few specific users/configurations

I have 3 fertigator injectors that I need to send 24v (same as valves) for about 7 seconds per pulse for anywhere from 1-30 pulses per zone, but not necessarily all zones. It should keep track of how many times it pulses, as well as track "missed" feedings via user interruptions, rain sensor, etc (the amount per cycle is calculated, thus needs to add more if missed). This would have to happen for all 3 of my injectors which supply different chemicals based upon season) I currently have this programmed into my ocelot and it works very well, thus my reservations in converting.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Anyone

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:54 am

Commets, help on prev post?
:?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:51 pm

You could augement the current sprinkler timing logic with a MLSchedule managed Fertigator routine. MLSchedule will "tell" MLIrrigation to turn on a given valve for X seconds, Y times in a row, on the weekend (or whatever).

If you are worried about stability, the MLComDevice plugin supports the Rain8Net connectivity. You would have to time all your sprinkler events in MLSchedule, so not necessarily as convenient as MLIrrigation, but should be reliable.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Fertigator , stability

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks Dave,
I am getting the whole irrigation package with a few rain 8 modules, just want to be sure the lawn will get watered without fail. I was thinking that I could just program one "zone" on the rain 8 to be the fertigator zone. I guess I could use a variable to track if it actually delivers all the fertilizer, of course x 3 (3 injectors)

Return to “WGL Designs”