Rain8Net install problems

syous

Rain8Net install problems

Postby syous » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:53 pm

I finally got a chance to install my rain8 this week but have not had any luck. I read the other threads but all they mention is to make sure you download the lattest driver. Here is what I have done:

1. I downloaded the lattest driver from my login page today.
2. I used the "Additional software" tab under the MLserver help to get the lattest MLIrrigation version (went from v1.0.1054 to 1.1.238).

When I try to add my controller, it asks me if I want to add the 8 zones automatically. When I click OK, I get an "Error code 450. Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment". Then it locks me out. I have to restart the server and when I go back into MLIrrigation and try to add the controller, it comes up with controller #2 but I show no controllers on the screen.

Can you please let me know what am I doing wrong?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:18 pm

You might backup your database by renaming it, rerun the latest installer (which should create a new database) and then start again. Maybe the database design was updated since you first installed it and the installer isn't overwriting your old one so it's trying to use an incorrect version.

syous

Not working still

Postby syous » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:52 pm

I tried reinstalling a couple of times. Each time I said OK to "over write the existing database". When I had the older version, I had created the 8 zones without any problem but could not get the unit to work.

After reading the forum and doing the updates, I had to try and reinstall the controller and zones. This when where I am at now.

I can not even get to a point where I can get a log to post.

Help Please
Thanks
Syous

cborod
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby cborod » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:16 pm

After shutting down mlserver and making a copy of the database you probably need to completely delete the database and start over. It's only 8 zones so the loss won't be too great....sorry, done this a bunch of times to myself.

btw, you also want to unplug both serial and power from the rain8, reattach, plug in, then start up mlserver....in that order usually works for me.

then you should have everything cleared and fresh.

good luck! btw, once you're setup, this plugin works solid, and no more dead stuff 'cause you forgot to water.
ChrisB

syous

No go

Postby syous » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:43 am

Thanks cborod,

I tried renaming/deleting the database and reinstalling. I even tried to manually enter each zone indtead of autocreating all 8 with no luck.

When I tried to save the first zone, it gave me the same error.

I am hoping Mario or smoothtlk can come up with something. I can not be sure it is a bug but I can not think of anything special that I am running/doing on my system either.

syous

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:53 am

syous,

We'll look into it.

Thanks.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:25 pm

syous,

Anything else you can tell us about your setup? I just walked through a base install and did not get any errors. Can you walk us step by step what you are doing so we can attempt to recreate?

What version is the Controller - listed in the ABOUT tab for the Rain8Net Conroller?
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

syous

setup

Postby syous » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:08 pm

Thanks as always Mario,

Rain8Controller? I am not sure what this is? I have posted the MLIrrigation version above and just downloaded the latest driver from my login page but do not know how to get the driver version. The zip file shows last update of 8/11.

I have downloaded the rain8 demo and confituration programs and can access and use the rain8net.

Is this my problem? Am I supposed to get a controller software? Let me know what I need to do.

syous

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:15 pm

syous,

Open your C:\program files\mlserver\plugins\mlirrigation folder.

Then set your view to Tiles in windows. VIEW > TILES

Then let us know which version of rain8netcontroller.dll you have.

Should be 1.0.0.421
Also let us know on MLirrigationproperties.dll and rain8netzone.dll.

If you are on the right versions, i'd like you to delete your mlirrigation database and do a complete reinstall. Then document every button click so we can replicate.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

syous

wrong versions

Postby syous » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:35 pm

Mario,

I have the following versions:

controller 1.0.0.311
properties 1.0.0.43
zone 1.0.0.56

I see that this is a problem so my question is where do I get the correct version? As I said earlier, I got this version by login into my account.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:45 pm

I logged in with your account and the version there is correct.

I sent you an email just to confirm a few things.

Just make sure you are not saving the file to your hard drive and then actually running an old installer also saved somewhere else on your system.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

syous

Works now

Postby syous » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:53 pm

Thanks as always Mario,

Just downloaded the driver again and re-installed. I now have the correct version and it is working fine.

Thanks again
syous

Return to “WGL Designs”