Can Disarm but cannot arm

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Can Disarm but cannot arm

Postby Oronomus » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:20 am

Recently installed a new ELK M1 system. Now trying out the ELKM1 plugin. I set up a virtual keypad, and I can disarm but I cannot arm the system. Since I can disarm, send F-function commands and display the 1st and 2nd lines from the physical keypad, I think I have good communications. I have enabled the non-secure port (2101) and checked to make sure there are no port conflicts.

More detail: If I send a "disarm" request the system disarms immediately (MLELKM1|Arm~0~1~code). However, if I send an "arm" request, nothing happens (MLELKM1|Arm~1~1~code, for Exit) or (MLELKM1|Arm~2~1~code, for Stay).

Here is a disarm log:

MLELKM1- Disarm 1.log

Here is an arm log:

MLELKM1-Arm 1.log

Perhaps I have some setting wrong in the ELKRP setup. I have tried with the area setting "ticked" to permit arming with and without password entry. neither way works. I have checked to make sure that I am communicating on the non-scured port, and that ELKRP is disconnected and closed when I try to send an arm command.

Thanks for any help. I would love to buy this plugin if I can get it to work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can Disarm but cannot arm

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:32 pm

The log entry "Rcvd: Valid User Number Invalid User Code" says it all. It is not liking the user code that is being sent. I don't think the protocol has changed but there is something wrong with the command string so the panel complains.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Interesting -

1. I saw the "invalid user code." I am obviously using the correct user code in both the MLELK arm and disarm commands for user 001 and area 01. Since it is disarming, I assumed it had to be reading the correct 4-digit user alarm code, even though the log said "invalid user code". Job#1 for a security system is not to disarm without a valid code.

2. The ELKRP program requires you to designate 4 or 6 digit user code under G-11 in the "Globals" area. I have ticked off 4-digit. In the ELKRP user setup, User 001 is permitted to arm, disarm, etc. For User 001, I have ticked the "Master" box, but not the "Temporary Code" box.

3. The plugin settings window does not have a place for inputting my User arm and disarm code. It does require a 4 or 6 digit user code checkoff, which I have ticked at 4 digits. The variables window shows "mlelkm1_usercode=000000000000". I assume this means that the actual user code is hidden, or that the plugin does not read the actual code from the M1 control box since I am required to include my user code in any MLELKM1 arm or disarm command.

4. Other pertinent variables that are displayed include, "mlelkm1_usernumber=001" and "mlelkm1_userkeypad=01"

5. There is even one setting in ELKRP that allows the ELK to arm without a user code input (single press the exit or stay key). I have tried to arm through the plugin with and without this option checked off. Doesn't arm either way.

Anything else I can check??

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm seeing the same from my elk. Running the latest plugin. What version of the elk firmware are you using. And more importantly... Have you already resolved this?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:46 pm

I think something has changed in the protocol on the newer firmware but I cannot find it documented on the Elk site.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:31 pm

I can't see any document of a change. I'll snoop on the serial port and have a look.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:45 pm

I built a scene around the ELk plugin, but could never get it to work, so I never purchased the ELK plug-in. Since then, I acquired the ELK module for ISY99i and use it for ELK-based commands to control certain events. For example, if I set the ELK to Vacation-Away, it triggers "enable" for a ISY99i folder that randomly turns lighting areas on and off. Attached is a copy of the ELK scene that i don't use.

ELK Scene.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:18 pm

There is certainly some change of protocol when using the new firmware. I may be able to figure it out if I could remote into someones system and play with arming and disarming the system.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:53 am

Sent you an email with access codes. You can play on my system. I'll email you when it's no longer safe (kids coming home, etc)

Return to “Elk Products”