INSTEON - PCL Status

johnj

INSTEON - PCL Status

Postby johnj » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:40 am

I just started using the ELK plug-in and I am very excited. The plug-in and the ELK are communicating, I can arm, disarm and see zone status. I have also set up and I can control the few INSTEON devices I have linked to the ELK but I need help getting the status to change on the buttons. The status of the devices change on the Elk keypad when they are controlled through the plug-in, so I am assuming I just don’t understand the syntax. I found this “MLElkM1_PLC_{{Elk_House_Code}}_{{Elk_Unit_Code}}_Msg” I in the Wiki information but I could not get the button to change. I think I was using {{MLElkM1_PLC_A_2_Msg}} as well as a few other things as well.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:32 am

Check MLServer's variable list first to make sure the variables are showing up...if they are not there, there is no point looking in MainLobby yet.

I believe the ELK plugin requires that you check boxes to enable PLC lighting. Double-check your settings there as well. It may require a restart of MLServer after changing these settings too.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

johnj

Postby johnj » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:05 pm

At the risk of being a big novice pain, how do I check the variables in MLServer? Is that the Elk plug-in log?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:09 pm

From MLServer, select WINDOWS > SERVER VARIABLES.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

johnj

Postby johnj » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:58 pm

As usual it was something simple. When I checked the variables in MLServer found I needed a 02 not just the 2 was using.

Return to “Elk Products”