MLServer Variable States

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

MLServer Variable States

Postby kevind » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:43 pm

I've just installed this plugin today. Plugin seems fine, ElK connected and all the "Global" check boxes are in place on the ELK Software. Running Ethernet. Connections look good.

What I"m not sure about is the correct server variables states for motion sensors, door contacts etc to be properly represented in MainLobby: Red if open, Green if closed.

The various area status messages simply show "Normal - Short"....that's it. They all say that. Am I missing something here? I really don't see any variables that says Area 001 is "On/Off" or 0/1 or Open/Closed.

I'm sure it's right in front of my face....can someone pipe in here on this?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:54 am

Hi Kevin,

Look for variables like: {{mlelkm1_zone_012_statusmsg}}

Depending on your config in the ELK, that variable will change to various text like - Violated - Open.

With the ElkRP software connected, click on STATUS and youll see the text that it will display in our system.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:31 pm

Thanks Mario,

These are the variables I'm talking about {{mlelkm1_zone_012_statusmsg}} which all say "Normal - Short"

I'll log into the ELK software and do that tomorrow. Do you know what my settings inside the ELK software should be to get status properly?

I have all the "Global Custom" checked off.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:20 pm

Basically, your "open / close" states will change based on what type of sensor it is and how they work. I like the {{mlelkm1_zone_013_definitionval}} versions better for notifications since they're numeric.

Either way, it'll be based on what type of sensor it is and whether "normal" is closed or open.

Return to “Elk Products”