Setup RS232 with GC-100

bpet

Re: Setup RS232 with GC-100

Postby bpet » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Ok, it works, but I get the same sporadic issues of different shades not responding to the commands...even though I see in the somfy driver that the command was sent normally. Assuming that the commands are similar to pressing the button on a Somfy remote or wall switch, is there a way to send the commands in a way to simulate holding down a remote control or wall switch button for a full second? Similar to when you have an IR code repeat which simulates holding the button on the remote control etc.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Try something like

Macro|Shades|1~Down~1!Pause|1.0!Shades|1~Stop~1

or

Macro|Shades|1~Up~1!Pause|1.0!Shades|1~Stop~1

Vary the delay on the pause to control the amount of open and close. We get absolutely no feedback from the RTS controller so it is impossible for us to know where the shades are.

bpet

Postby bpet » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm not having an issue of getting the drapes to stop at a particular spot...the issue is that if I create a macro to:
send shade 1 Up, then pause 3 seconds, then send Shade 2 Up, pause 3, send Shade 3 Up, pause 3 seconds, then send up the fourth shade

sometimes the first shade does not go up, sometimes the 2nd shade or the 4th - there is no consistency to which shade will decide to not react to the command...this happens with the Up, Down, or Stop commands

The goal is to create a macro run from an automation rule so shades open part way at sunrise, further at noon, and close at sunset...

It seems to me, from my novice perspective, that the issue is the same issue that happens with all Somfy controls that I have use(remotes,wall switches) - you have to hold down the button for a second for the command to consistently function properly. That is why I am hoping that there is a way to simulate that...

bpet

Postby bpet » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:54 am

Ok, figured a way to simulate the holding of the button down on a Somfy remote. I have tested this many times over the last week and the shades have never missed a command.

In the MLGC100 Database tab: I quadrupled the text for each command. For Example:

Standard Shade 1 Up:
0101U

New Shade 1 Up:
0101U0101U0101U0101U

When looking at the event log, this sends the command 3 time without checking that the device is connected between each command. It uses the MLGC100 instead of the Families, but it works.

Thanks again,
Brett

Return to “Global Cache”