GC-100s suddenly not working correctly

rkerdza

GC-100s suddenly not working correctly

Postby rkerdza » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:24 am

So all of a sudden, I started having problems with my GC-100 units under V4. It was working fine up until a few weeks ago. Could it possibly be a Windows 7 automatic update that caused the problem?

The MLGC Legacy Plugin isn't getting port info for one of the units and another unit that is working issues commands for a cable box so slowly that the channel changes to each channel of the number individually (for instance when trying to tune the channel number "1403", it takes so lomg to issue each number that the cable box tries to tune to channels 1, then 4, then 0, then 3. Since there is no channels 1 or 0, the receiver just flashes question marks at me.).

Just as a point of order, the commands issue fine if I roll back to V3. Only under V4 is there a problem. However, I can't use my other matrix switcher plugin under V3.

Any ideas on this one?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GC-100s suddenly not working correctly

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Please post the MLGC event log. That plugin waits for a "completeir" response before sending a new command. The plugin has not changed in many months but if it doesn't get the response feedback it will wait 5 seconds before moving on. So from what you describe you have lost the feedback from the GC device. We should see that in the event log.

rkerdza

Postby rkerdza » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:24 pm

That sounds exactly like what's happening. About 5 seconds between commands.

Log is attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rkerdza

Postby rkerdza » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:25 pm

ALso, keep in mind this only seems to be happening on one of the units and only under V4. V3 continues to work fine.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:48 am

I see the completeir in the log. It may be that because of all the beacon events coming in it is causing timing issues. It looks like you have at least 8 GC devices on the network. Which one of those devices is the one causing trouble? You'll be an excellent candidate for testing the native GlobalCache driver I'm trying to get finished this weekend.

rkerdza

Postby rkerdza » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Yeah. Having to control 23 TVs and 2 cable boxes will do that to ya!

I'll send you a PM with the specific IPs and a LogMeIn username & p-word a little later so that you can test the Plugin at your leisure.

Return to “Global Cache”