Using a Xantech audio sensor with an iTach

rkerdza

Using a Xantech audio sensor with an iTach

Postby rkerdza » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:01 pm

OK. Here's today's challenge. I am trying to use a Xantech SMAUD01 audio sensor to sense when a device is playing music. The sensor is connected to a Xantech CBCSM connecting block. I can get the sensor to detect audio and I have even tested the pull-up and pull-down voltages on the CBC to make sure they are outputting the correct voltage as described in the manual (12VDC). When I plug in the pull-up or pull-down voltage terminals into the iTach port (configured as "Sensor"), nothing happens though. I have tried different configurations of terminal leads and such and have had no luck getting the iTach port LED to do anything other than stay on the whole time. The only time I can get the port LED to turn off is when I short out the ring and sleeve on the 3.5mm cable coming out of the GC100. The 12VDC output should be plenty to trigger a change in state of the iTach, but it doesn't seem to want to work. I'm not sure if it's a wiring problem, voltage problem or possibly an impedance problem (iTach wants an input impedance of 100KOhms).

Any suggestions from anyone on how to solve this one?

Return to “Global Cache”