Problems setting up an iTach unit

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Problems setting up an iTach unit

Postby albright_family » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:00 pm

Okay, so I had a older GC-100-06 that just finally died (couldn't make any changes to it from its web interface), so I have replaced it with the iTach IP2IR (the one with the CAT5 jack). I am having trouble getting the Sensor to notify ML about the change in status of my receiver. Can someone walk me through how to set it up. Here is the current setup on it from the web interface:
Connector 1: Sensor Notify
Notify Port: 9132
Notify Timer: 1

The other connectors are set to IR Out, and work flawlessly.

In the MLGC100 plugin (running version 3.99.14.0), under Sensors and Relays. I have a device named Receiver going to the iTach in my Living Room, set to Module 1, Port # 1. Set to sensor and with MLServe commands to change the variable stat_reciever on or off respectively.

The problem is I am not getting any of the stat_receiver variable changes in my Events Verbose log. I know this is something simple but it is totally escaping me at this point. Please help.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems setting up an iTach unit

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Switch over to the new MLGC plugin as it has built in support for the iTach sensor notify options. The older MLGC100 plugin does not support that feature.

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby albright_family » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Thanks Dave.

Now a new problem has cropped up. I need to import all of my devices from MLGC100 plugin into MLGC plugin. Outside of physically adding each one individually, is there a way to import these devices in?

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby albright_family » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Okay, so I just started copying and pasting settings from the GC100 plugin to the GC plugin. I tried to do a test command, and I get the following error message in the Event Log "mnuTestCommand_Click Error at line #40 - Subscript out of range.

Also when I try to delete a device from the IR Database using the context menu Delete command, the command is not actually deleted. It does not disappear.

I am using version 3.99.34 of the MLGC plugin

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Dave,

The older GC-100 plug-in (3.99.14) was not sending the IR commands for some reason, so I downloaded the new MLGC (3.99.34) plug-in. But I don't see an option to define the IP Address of my GC-100 unit. I see that the plug-in should "see" the GC-100 by "auto-discovering". But that is not happening. The new plug-in is not discovering the unit, nor giving me an option to define one. What should I do?

Also, I can't figure out how to import my IR and RS232 devices from old plug-in to the new one. Can you help.

Thanks in advance.

rondepping
Expert
Expert

Postby rondepping » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:14 pm

I upgraded to the new GC plugin, now I don't have any of my devices in the database, and when I right click on the tree Import is not listed. How do I get my devices back in?

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:20 am

quote="albright_family"]Okay, so I just started copying and pasting settings from the GC100 plugin to the GC plugin. I tried to do a test command, and I get the following error message in the Event Log "mnuTestCommand_Click Error at line #40 - Subscript out of range.

Also when I try to delete a device from the IR Database using the context menu Delete command, the command is not actually deleted. It does not disappear.

I am using version 3.99.34 of the MLGC plugin[/quote]

I just loaded this and tried out a saved command I received the same error mnuTestCommand_Click Error at line #40 - Subscript out of range. I am using 3.99.35 of the MLGC plugin.

Thanks.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:59 pm

The version 3.99.38 release will get rid of the subscript out of bounds error.

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby albright_family » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:58 pm

(removed by user)
Last edited by albright_family on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby albright_family » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Well I installed the new version, and I get my GC-100-06 to send commands about 1 in 10 times being sent. I have flashing emitters which light up when they are sending a signal to help confirm that the message is being sent.

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby albright_family » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:27 am

For whatever reason the sensor and relays are not saving/showing correctly, I enter the information, hit save. The item shows in the drop-down list, but when clicked on, nothing shows up on the right side showing what was entered.

And when I click refresh sensors from the context menu, the sensor disappears from the list on the left side. What is going on??

Also I am noticing a significant delay between when I click test on a command (or issue it from the Send Command on the Server) before I see the light flash showing the command went. The server and my GC-100 are plugged into the same switch.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:17 pm

The version I just released fixes the delete issue. I cannot see or reproduce your IR or sensor issues. Anything in the events to report? When you send an IR does the Gc respond with the IR Complete message?

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby albright_family » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:51 pm

CinemarDave wrote:The version I just released fixes the delete issue. I cannot see or reproduce your IR or sensor issues. Anything in the events to report? When you send an IR does the Gc respond with the IR Complete message?

Okay it turns out the delay was being caused by one of my ethernet switches failing. I have replaced it and now communication with the GC-100 is working correctly and at the proper speed.

However I cannot seem to save anything to the Sensor and Relays tab. Everytime I try in looks like it works, it shows up on the drop down list, but then disappears when I hit refresh sensors from the context menu. It is almost as if the sensor entry is not being entered into the MLGC database.

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby albright_family » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:17 pm

In continuation from my above post. I have successfully managed to get some of the sensors listed in the Sensors and Relays. It required me to physically modify the MLGC database, I am getting the status update for my iTach unit and they are triggering the appropriate variable updates. But the GC100 that I also have on my network is not triggering the correct variable updates (although the MLGC software does register that it sees it.

See the log below

3/1/2012 12:07:23 PM RX:Sensor (1) [sensornotify,1:1,1] <-- from iTach
3/1/2012 12:07:52 PM RX:Device (2) [statechange,2:2,1] <-- from GC-100
3/1/2012 12:08:15 PM RX:Device (2) [statechange,2:2,0] <-- from GC-100
3/1/2012 12:08:19 PM RX:Device (2) [statechange,2:1,1] <-- from GC-100
3/1/2012 12:08:39 PM RX:Device (2) [statechange,2:1,0] <-- from GC-100

3/1/2012 12:08:48 PM ShowSensorMeta Error at line #200 - Invalid use of Null <-- I get this whenever I try to view the sensors on the GC-100

What am I doing wrong that is causing this to happen??

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:51 pm

It sounds to me like you have a corrupt or very out of date mlgc.mdb file. Especially if you are finding that you have to modify things by hand in access. Something is very wrong with the database. zip you mdb file and email it to me so I can look at it.

Return to “Global Cache”