Second GC unit randomly stops working

srgny
Intermediate
Intermediate

Second GC unit randomly stops working

Postby srgny » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:25 am

I have had a GC100-18 unit for about six years. Despite heavy daily use, it has worked flawlessly throughout this time. It has only failed when commands are sent too quickly (as with repeat volume changes). I finally gave up on Global Cache coming out with additional modules for this unit and purchached a separate GC100-6 for sensor input. The second unit also seems to work well but only occasionally. My problem is that every day or so the GC100-6 seems to stop working. Unloading then reloading the MLGC plug-in solves this problem and all is well until the next day or so. The second unit is configured with a static IP address one number higher than the old unit. The 3 IR ports are configured as "sensor auto-notify". The unit is easily recognized on the network. Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening to the new unit whereas it never happens to the old unit?

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Second GC unit randomly stops working

Postby kgudge » Sun May 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Preferably sync the firmware to the same as the older unit, which you know works well (can only be done by Global Cache).
DVDLobby, MuL, JRMC, TV Lobby, DVD Profiler.

Return to “Global Cache”