Denon 5308 IR not working with GC-IRL

benny32

Denon 5308 IR not working with GC-IRL

Postby benny32 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:01 pm

I did buy the IR learner for the GC100 and it has worked perfect for all my devices except for my receiver. Hence, my other thread about serial commands for my 5308. My curiosity got the best me when none of the codes that the IRL was getting was working when I would test those codes via the gc100. I fired up my Harmony remote and added the 5308 to try and capture using the codes in Harmony thinking maybe there was something goofy with the way the IRL was receiving from the Denon remote, same thing and when I fire the Harmony at the IRL it actually gets to codes in rapid fire and of course the Harmony works on whatever commands it tries, but not my gc100. What's the deal with this receivers IR codes? Is it something special that isn't able to be learned via the gc-irl?

benny32

Re: Denon 5308 IR not working with GC-IRL

Postby benny32 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:39 am

Anyone home?

jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby jjjukebox » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:48 pm

I have attached two files for the 5803 that might work. The .xls lists the function name and corresponding function number. Find the function(s) you want, get the function number and look up the function number in the .txt file. Copy the hex code after the function number and paste into GC100 plugin.

Hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J.J. Jukebox

benny32

Postby benny32 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:59 pm

Thank you very much! I'll give these a try asap.

jjjukebox

Postby jjjukebox » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:28 am

Your welcome.

Failing this you would probably want to look at Cnemar's Denon plugin to get better control.

Later
J.J. Jukebox

benny32

Postby benny32 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:51 pm

I have that plugin but am not having much luck with it. I can't seem to find info on the best way to hook it up for control, ie can it be hooked up via the GC100 and still use that plugin. Also, I have searched through your very extensive documents and couldn't find a few functions, Menu, Up arrow, down arrow, left arrow, right arrow, home, return, DVR-1, DVR-2. Did I miss these or are they just not in your library of commands? Also, how did you capture these? I am using the GCIRL learning device and the denon remote RC-1067 if that matters.

Thanks
Josh

jjjukebox

Postby jjjukebox » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:43 pm

I believe I had the same problem capturing Denon IR with my GC100 and found those docs somewhere on the web so that is all I have. If you find more or fix this issue please post them.

Later
J.J. Jukebox

benny32

Postby benny32 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:47 pm

Gotcha, I'll do some more digging and if I get it working as I want I'll be sure to post the additions to that list.

thanks
Josh

fcwilt

Postby fcwilt » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Hello,

I have both the GL-IRL and the GC-IRE. I use the GC-IRE with the GC device that allows use of Xantech IR receivers. I have tried several of the different models of Xantech receivers.

I used both the GL-IRL and the GC-IRE with a serial port on a GC-100-12 (rather then a serial port on a PC).

I have discovered, after looking at the learned data, that (at least for me) the GC-IRL does not give the same results as the GC-IRE.

The different Xantech receivers give different results as well.

To get consistent results I had to stick to one model of a Xantech receiver with the GC-IRE.

Learning IR and having it work seems to be a bit of a black art.

Good luck.
Regards, Frederick C. Wilt

benny32

Postby benny32 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:24 am

For anyone interested, I believe the problem I had with this device and it's looking like my cable box as well, is that they both use XMP for the IR protocol. Apparently the GCIRL is not alone in having issues learning these codes, I found a bunch of people who were having problems learning from these remotes on a multitude of devices. Anyway, just thought I would throw it out there because I ended up getting my Denon plugin to work so I won't be chasing these IR codes anymore.

Return to “Global Cache”