SendGCData Error #40006 - Wrong protocol or connection state

michael53

SendGCData Error #40006 - Wrong protocol or connection state

Postby michael53 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:47 pm

I have had a Global Cache GC-100-06 unit hooked up for my bedroom system for the last year and it never worked. I have a GC-100-18 that does work and does the rest of the house and it works great. Now Iv'e decided once again to try to get the 06 in the bedroom up and running but keep getting this message SendGCData Error #40006 - Wrong protocol or connection state for the requested transaction or request.
ANy help much appreciated.

Michael

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: SendGCData Error #40006 - Wrong protocol or connection state

Postby DaveB » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:38 am

Go to the GC web site and download the test app for the GC-100. You need to test the connectivity and send a few IR codes around outside of Main Lobby to verify that the unit is not bad. If all that worked, and you still get the same response inside ML, then we go from there. You also should attempt doing a factory reset for the unit prior to starting the test procedure. The procedure for that is also on the GC site.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

michael53

Postby michael53 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:03 am

Well I did a factory reset. Sent a command using the GC-100 Test Utillity which seem to work. I rebooted MLSever. I then sent a MLCmd and it worked, I tried different MLCmd didn't work tried the one that worked again didn't work. I get the same error message as before. It seems to work after a reboot but only for one,two commands.
Thanks
Michael

jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby jjjukebox » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:28 pm

I have posted this few times as I am experiencing these errors on more than one system but only if commands are sent too fast (eg. volume button with repeat enabled). I use a .6sec delay between each command but still seems to get hung up. Since the GC100 is only one way there is no way I know of to wait for response back before next command is executed or to reset it without reloading the plugin. I REALLY wish this could be address as it is a great unit/solution.
J.J. Jukebox

michael53

Postby michael53 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Don't really understand why the GC-18 unit works fine and the GC-06 doesn't . The 06 use to work fine on its own when i had it install in my other house.I need to figure this one out. Any Help ?

Thanks
Michael

Return to “Global Cache”