Loosing Connection?

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Loosing Connection?

Postby sonypoolplr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:31 pm

For the last two days I have had to push the disconnect button multiple times and then the connect button multiple times to get the plugin/global cache unit to work. Does anyone know why this is happening? If this is the way this combination is supposed to work, I am not very happy with it. All of the other Cinemar plugins work well but this one is a real pain.

jjjukebox

Postby jjjukebox » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:31 pm

Depending on if You get an error message back or not but I found that some hex codes either hung up the GC response back or caused it to timeout.

I have had to be very careful on getting correct hex codes when learning them.

Turn on the log and monitor which commands dont get a "RCVD" response or cause an error and try relearning it.

Had this problem for years and finally think I got things running with out errors.

Just a suggestion.
J.J. Jukebox

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:28 am

I have had the same problem recently - when I was testing commands, I would have to restart ML because GC would cease up. I would throw commands thinking something else was wrong and when I restarted ML all was well.

My trick was re-learning some commands in GC - for example, I had a problem where when I sent a volume down to a HK receiver - everything went haywire. Then, I re-learned the command and it worked fine after a restart.

Return to “Global Cache”