Security System Suggestion

scotthpdx

Security System Suggestion

Postby scotthpdx » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:01 pm

I am using an old DSC 832 panel at my house and am about to upgrade it. I am using homeseer and Main Lobby for my home automation.

I am looking for advice on which system I should look at or purchase. I want a system with alot of flexibility and options.

My immediate need is this:

When I disarm the alarm system, I want it to know that it is me. That nobody else is home, and that it is before 9pm. So play my music, set my lighting, etc.

Currently I use a macro in Mainlobby, that sets flags as to who is home. But I have to first disarm my alarm, then go to a panel. I just wanna disarm and have the macro fire based on the communication between security and homeseer or main lobby.

Thanks in advance for all of you advice.

Scott
What would you like to automate today....

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: Security System Suggestion

Postby ronsatter » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 pm

If your alarm system can use FOB remotes to arm/disarm, the transmitted FOB id for that device has a unique address code. You can use a 3rd party plugin from HS or perhaps ML to execute macros when your personal FOB device is transmitting.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:18 am

Without knowing more of your needs, the best is likely upgrade the DSC to an ELK M1 Gold system. There is a Mainlobby plugin that interacts well with this panel. The panel is well featured as well.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:00 pm

I would upgrade it to HAI - They are moch more progressive than Elk. The Cinemar driver for HAI is very feature rich.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “Homeseer”