Toggle command for Z-wave

djc1603

Toggle command for Z-wave

Postby djc1603 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:48 am

I have been using Homeseer for a while now and after frutsturations with Maestro and not enough creativity for HS Touch, I have decided to give ML a try. I am in the process of setting up scenes and can't figure out if there is a command to toggle a z-wave switch on/off or if I would have to get creative in HS and come up with a script or event that would achieve this.

Thanks in advance

David

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: Toggle command for Z-wave

Postby mcascio » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:19 pm

David,

I'm guessing your are using the MLHSPlugin to control your Zwave lights through HomeSeer. Check the MLHSPlugin documentation, I believe there is a toggle command in there.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

djc1603

Postby djc1603 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:37 pm

You are correct. I must have overlooked it before. Thanks for your quick response.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:38 pm

No problem. Welcome to the forum.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

djc1603

Postby djc1603 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:43 pm

Thanks Mario. I have another question as it relates to my lighting. For clarificacation, I am using the MLHS plugin to interface between HS and ML. I have set up my lighting using the 0019 lighting scene, I am issuing toggle commands to turn on/off my lights from the buttons on the left of the 0019_lighting.mls but since I have a lot of dimmers I would also like to have the ability to dim them. I see the Dim buttons at the bottom of the screen, is there anyway to set it up so I can select a particular light (perhaps from selecting it via the floor plan) and then use the dim buttons to dim or brighten the selected light? Also, what is the purpose of the Preset button?

Thanks,

David

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:48 am

Hi David,

Yes - you can add lights to your floorplan and just make them selectable. You can also reconfigure the left menu to do the same if that is your preferred method. Our thoughts were that most just want to toggle lights on/off for the majority of time - especially given CFLs. If they needed to, they could dim the light after toggling it.

Our commands to toggle the light also selects it. So to send just a selection of the light, you would just remove the last command to toggle. Our example looks like this:
MLServeCmd.Macro|SetVariable|mllighting_{{clientname}}_activeLight~006!MLLighting|Toggle~{{mllighting_{{clientname}}_activeLight}}

Now without the toggle:
MLServeCmd.SetVariable|mllighting_{{clientname}}_activeLight~006

Yours will vary slightly because you are sending the toggle command to the MLHS plugin.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Return to “Homeseer”