Zwave CamStat control

syous

Zwave CamStat control

Postby syous » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:32 pm

I did a search for CamStat and the latest notes I saw were from October. I have bought one for testing and would like to control it using the MLHS plugin but can not find any documentation.

Has anyone been able to do this or know of any kind of documentation on how to? I have been trying to ask Krumpy for updates to the manula but have not been able to yet. I will also post this on the HS forums.

thanks
syous

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:42 pm

Z-Wave isn't supported in MLServer yet, so no CamStat either. So, I would assume you are talking about Camstat being controlled via Homeseer. If that is the case, then shouldn't the question be asked in Homeseer's forum? The use of the MLHSPlugin and MainLobby would be to send the HOMESEER supported commands via the MLHSPlugin and to view homeseer device values in Mainlobby.

I don't expect the MLHSPlugin documentation to reference the CamStat specifically as there are thousands of Homeseer supported specific devices that would have to be specifically documented.

syous

Postby syous » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:21 pm

Thanks Smoothtlk and sorry for not being more descriptive.

Yes, I am controlling it using HS and the reason I asked here is because I wanted to get feedback from ML users controlling the camstat using MLHS. My main question was on the commands I can use/send. My old documentation did not have anything in it.

Since I first posted, I went ahead and did an update of the MLHS plugin in HS. I then checked the update directory in HS and found a newer manual than the one I had. I am checking it now and will let you know if it has what I was looking for.

Thanks
syous

syous

No updated manual

Postby syous » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:39 pm

OK, that did not work. The manual I got was not newer than the old one I had. I asked Krumpy for a newer one in the HS forum.

Basically what I want to do is to use the thermostat screen I got from the thermostat library I purchased. Only thing is that I have to use MLHS to duplicate the commands for the UP, DOWN and other buttons.

Thanks
syous

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:47 pm

What is the command you use in Homeseer? You would look in the Camstat plugin documentation for that. Once you have that, then you would apply the MLHSPlugin documentation of how to send that type of command via MainLobby.

syous

Postby syous » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 pm

Thanks again smoothtlk,
I am trying to figure that out. I will post it once I find out since it seems others may also need it.

Thanks
syous

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:07 am

How about creating an event for up, another for down, and then using the HS_TriggerEvent to trigger the event from MainLobby?

So, to make a long story short, seek to control the thermostat via HomeSeer events. What events does this thermostat support?

syous

Events?

Postby syous » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:47 pm

I have the CamStat Zwave thermostat that I got from HS. I am not sure what you mean by what events does it support. If you are talking about the buttons, it has up, down, power, timer, mode and fan.

fo you mean if I want to put a button that raises the temp by 1 degree, like the up button, I would have to create an event in HS?

I was thinking of having a variable set to the current temp and display it on the screen. Then, every time we press up or down, have the button add/subtract 1 from the variable and then send it to HS via MLHS. This sounds too complicated so I thought there may be an easier way.?

Let me know what you think.
syous

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:32 pm

yes, create an event in HS to up the temp one degree. Invoke that event in MainLobby via the MLHSPlugin. I assume the thermostat will then update a set temp value in Homeseer that you can then display in MainLobby.

the issue is the Homeseer has changed the HVAC specs so this workaround is now needed.

You could write a script in Homeseer that did more of this processing.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:12 pm

Syous:

Same thing as this thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=118775

Return to “Homeseer”