MLHS plugin and [ house code refresh problem

syous

MLHS plugin and [ house code refresh problem

Postby syous » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:37 pm

I posted this on the HS message board two days ago but have not heard back from Krumpy yet.

I am using the sample slider that comes with MLHS plugin lighting scene. I have used it with Zwave units before without any problems. I just installed a new system with UPB. I am using HS UPB plugin to control/access the devices not ML UPB plugin.

I can turn the light on and off using the on/off buttons. I can even slide the slider to any value and it will work. However, if I turn the light off or on (full 100%), the slider does not reflect the change. I am wondering if it is because of the [ character in the unit code? I can not think of any other reason why it would not work. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks
syous

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:14 am

Syous,
MLHSPlugin architecture is very simple. HomeSeer notifies MLHSPlugin when device changes occur. If HomeSeer doesn't tell MLHSPlugin when something changes, then it will not reflect the change in MLServer.

This could very well be an issue with the HomeSeer UPB plugin. It is responsible for performing this function. I will need you to set the HomeSeer MLHSPlugin into debug mode and provide me a log at the HomeSeer forum.

Let's continue this conversation at the HomeSeer forum.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:43 am

syous,

For a quick test, you could try adding another device in homeseer and then assigning that to the ELK so it uses a different character. MainLobby does rely on the "[" character, so it's possible it could be an issue. Although, I believe we check for two in a row.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

syous

Postby syous » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:37 am

Mario and Krumpy,
Thanks for the replies. I will do what you suggested and update in Homeseer forum.

Thanks again
syous

Return to “Homeseer”