Devices not changing

MFuller

Devices not changing

Postby MFuller » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:20 am

Hey Guys,

Recently rebuilt my home automation server. This included reinstalling MLServer. I have reinstalled homeseer and mlserver and they appear to be talking. If I change something in Homeseer, for example turn on C5 then the corresponding button in Mainlobby turn on. BUT if I press the button in Mainlobby, the device does not turn off in Homeseer (and of course the actual light does not turn off).

The following command is associated with the button

MLServeCmd.MLConditional|IsEqual##{{toggle5}}##off##Macro|SetVariable|toggle5~On!MLHSPlugin|HS_ExecX10:C5~On##Macro|SetVariable|toggle5~Off!MLHSPlugin|HS_ExecX10:C5~Off

I have also tried to take it back to basics and just run

MLServerCMD.MLHSPlugin|HS_ExecX10:C5~On

but nothing happens. The following appears in the MLServer event log (when I mode is on)

06/01/2007 16:11:27 Processing laptop MLServeCmd.MLConditional|IsEqual##{{toggle5}}##off##Macro|SetVariable|toggle5~On!MLHSPlugin|HS_ExecX10:C5~On##Macro|SetVariable|toggle5~Off!MLHSPlugin|HS_ExecX10:C5~Off
06/01/2007 16:11:27 Processing Macro|SetVariable|toggle5~On!MLHSPlugin|HS_ExecX10:C5~On
06/01/2007 16:11:27 Processing SetVariable|toggle5~On
06/01/2007 16:11:27 Processing MLHSPlugin|HS_ExecX10:C5~On

But there is nothing in the MLHSPlugin debug log. The actual Mainlobby scene has not changed. The device codes are the same and they are subscribed. So for some reason I am getting Homeseer -> MLServer but not MLServer -> Homeseer.

Anyone have any ideas ? It's driving me mad !

Any help appreciated.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:33 pm

Are you sure you have the "enable this plugin" checked from the ML side? double click on the plugin, at the bottom.

I say this because I have seen this uncheck itself from time to time...

MFuller

Postby MFuller » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:56 am

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it is already enabled so that's not it :\

Been playing around with it for days now and I'm sure it's something really simple.. just can't nail it down :(

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:08 am

MLServerCMD.MLHSPlugin|HS_ExecX10:C5~On
should be
MLServeCMD.MLHSPlugin|HS_ExecX10:C5~On
Try that and show what is in the log when you execute that
I assume that there is a light C5 setup and SUBSCRIBED?

MFuller

Postby MFuller » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:42 pm

Hi There,

Sorry that was a typo on my part when copying the command to this forum. It does already say MLServeCMD so the problem remains.

There is a C5 device and it is subscribed.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:53 am

You should be able to send HS_ExecX10 commands from MLServer to Homeseer whether or not the device is subscribed. Only the communication from HomeSeer to MLServer needs to be subscribed. This is to keep the amount of information exchange to a minumum.

Now, have you tried another housecode/unit code?

There are many people that have this working. So my recommandation is for you to review and document what you are attempting to do and to provide more background.

MLServeCMD.MLHSPlugin|HS_ExecX10:C5~On

What does HomeSeer say? How about proving some logs? Probably need the log from the HomeSeer MLHSPlugin.

MFuller

Postby MFuller » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:50 am

Krumpy wrote:Now, have you tried another housecode/unit code?

Yes, none of them work.

There are many people that have this working. So my recommandation is for you to review and document what you are attempting to do and to provide more background.

I know it should work, I HAD it working before I rebuilt the server. The scene files were saved and are the ones I was using before I rebuilt the server so the command syntax I am using has not been touched since the rebuild.

What does HomeSeer say? How about proving some logs? Probably need the log from the HomeSeer MLHSPlugin.

Unfortunately nothing.. it as if the command isn't reaching the MLHSPlugin on the MLServer side. I'll start attaching some logs in my next couple of posts.

Appreciate your help guys.

Marc

MFuller

Postby MFuller » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:02 am

OK I have attached a zip file to this post.

This zip file contains two log files from the same time period. During this time period I executed serveral ML commands which should have been passed to Homeseer.

MLServer Event log in verbose mode. In this log file you can actually see the commands being executed.

MLHSPlugin even log (MLServer side). In this log file you can see incoming data from Homeseer, but no outgoing data to Homeseer.

I have not provider the Homeseer logs as they were empty.. no commands reached Homeseer at all. The log files provided are from the same period, so 08:49 in one log corresponds with 08:49 in the other.

Once again your help is appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:58 am

Look at firewall issues.
make sure that MainLobby and Homeseer.exe are registered on the exception list of your firewall / antivirus worm detection.

MFuller

Postby MFuller » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:04 am

The default windows xp firewall is disabled. There is no other software on the pc apart from Homeseer and MLServer.

It appears to me to be a problem inside MLServer. The commands are not reaching the MLHSPLugin that is installed as part of MLServer.

I've also recently tried reinstalling MLServer with no change :\

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:58 am

It is not in MLServer....many are using this with great success. Look elsewhere. Still suspect networking...

MFuller

Postby MFuller » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:25 am

Hi There,

I understand where you are coming from, and I KNOW it works, I've used it myself. I don't need to look elsewhere. It's just not working for me since I rebuilt.

MHLSPlugin comes in two parts. One is Homeseer side and the other is MLServer side. We are not seeing the commands hit the MLHSPlugin on the MLServer side (because nothing is appearing in the logs). Now I don't pretend to know how MLHSPlugin (MLServer side) talks to MLServer but I don't see how network connectivity has anything to do with it as it's all within the same program ?

I think I'll just rebuild the whole damn server again and see if that resolves it.

cborod
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby cborod » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:49 pm

A stab in the dark here....

If I understand it correctly, you have both MLServer and HS on same machine?

What entry do you have in the plugin for the MLServer side? A computer name or IP address?

Likwise the HS side of the plugin. Do they match?

If a name is entered, have you tried either IP address, localhost, or 127.0.0.1?

And as a lastcheck....what is the connectionstate variable in MLServer? 0 or 7?

I'm still thinking your running but not linked......
ChrisB

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:40 am

MLHSPlugin uses TCP for the communications. Therefore, if data transmissions go one way, then they also should go the other way. If transmissions go one way, then a firewall wouldn't (shouldn't) be blocking the data as it is a consistent data stream from the time the two plugins connect.

Doing a NETSTAT -NA > c:\netstat.txt command would also provide insights to whether communications are established.

Did you change the default TCP ports?

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:50 am

Ok, the log states that you're using TCP port 2410 and that the connection has entered state 7 - connected. This is good news as it shows that communications were established at least for a short time period and I would think that this also proves that a firewall is not blocking. One would think that the TCP session would never get to state 7 if a firewall was blocking.

Now, the logs also show that you're doing some MLConditionals. Are you positive that this isn't the issue?

Have you tried a simple MLServeCMD.MLHSPlugin|HS_ExecX10:C5~On without the conditionals? I have never used the conditionals because I would put all of my logic in this case within HomeSeer scripting. Definately more powerful that MLConditionals.

Please clear both the MLServer MLHSPlugin and HomeSeer MLHSPlugin logs and restart both. Then please submit just one command from the MLServer command window. Something like:

MLServeCMD.MLHSPlugin|HS_ExecX10:C5~on

Replace C5 and the device code. Then attach both logs to a message.

Return to “Homeseer”