Homeseer Phone Messages in MainLobby?

Denman

Homeseer Phone Messages in MainLobby?

Postby Denman » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:17 pm

Long time reader, first time post!

I've got CallerID set up and running through MLHS plug-in and displaying in a ML screen. Is there any way to view and playback messages from Homeseer Phone in a ML screen? I've gone the route of using WebLobby in the past to show the Homeseer Phone web page, but I would like a very clean and simple interface rather than displaying the entire Homeseer web page.

Another option would be to build a web page that only contained code for the Homeseer phone GUI from the Homeseer web page, but Homeseer builds this page on the fly, and I can't locate the code for the Phone GUI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:49 am

I have given this thought over the years. Probably the best way to implement this would be for MLHSPlugin to populate various variables with the information. Then the ML client would play the message. That would require each ML client to have access to the message files.

Are you willing to share out your HomeSeer directory to all ML clients?

Denman

Postby Denman » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:57 am

Sure. As I started contemplating this, I assumed that the messages would need to be available to the clients. No problem sharing out the HS directory or the message directory.

I do a bit of scripting (vb/vbs), but I'm just not familiar with the MLHSPlugin or the ML enough to work my way through a solution on this. Appreciate your help.

Mark S.

Postby Mark S. » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:59 pm

I built the kind of interface that Krumpy is suggesting using variable changes to trigger a custom HS script. The script is a compilation of the work of others. It plays new/old, deletes, replays, skips and stops. Link is here if interested in using it as a starting point.

However, I have it set up to play through HS using Media Player. If someone could figure out how to get it to play on ML Clients - that would be neat. Maybe a cheat would be to use HS Speaker on the client?

Mark

General Patton

Postby General Patton » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:50 pm

I managed to strip out both the HS Voicemail and caller id portions of the HS web pages by doing a "view source" on the page. Came out very clean. I know the caller id works, haven't tried the voicemail yet as I haven't got around to re-implementing HSPhone (new house).

I can post if you wish (at work now).
General Patton

jeffl

Postby jeffl » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:12 am

Any update on getting voicemail messages from HSP in ML? I cant use Web lobby anymore cause I am now using Vista

egamez

Postby egamez » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi Jeffl

FYI: Web Lobby can run now in Vista. The trick is to run your Mainlobby client as a compatible XP Program. So far it works fine for me in my Vista and none of the other Mainlobby applications running on it its being affected so far or are limited in term of functionalities. In practical terms there is nothing in particular that Mainlobby Suite leverage from Vista ( as far as I know) exempting when the DVDLobby Media Center plug-in be released ( its now in beta testing)

As far the feature you are looking for with HomeSeer I am interested as well since I also have HS interfasin ML as well my JDS Standalone home automation controller. Please keep posted this thread in case you find out the solution to play HS messages in Mainlobby clients

Thanks

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:53 pm

Return to “Homeseer”