Frustrated a bit

syous

Frustrated a bit

Postby syous » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:08 pm

I have been working for 14 hours now trying to get things working and could use some help now. To make a long story short, after 3 trips to Radio Shack and Fry's, I got a usb serial port and the right null modem cable to work and connect to my yamaha rx-v1600.

Now, I am trying to get the status of the system and can not figure out why the server is not creating any of the variables that are mentioned in the manual. I have checked the MLYamaha plugin and everything looks fine. I can turn on and change volume but can not seem to get any of the variables to set. I do issue a status command but nothing happens.

Help please
Thanks
syous

W4ZOO
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Frustrated a bit

Postby W4ZOO » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:57 am

In the same boat here, Mine was working but I had to do some hwd changes , video board dead ect...

I Updated to the latest version of everything.
I have a config program for my RXZ9 that detectects the port as 4 and works controling the radio, when unload that program and try the plugin nothing.

syous wrote:I have been working for 14 hours now trying to get things working and could use some help now. To make a long story short, after 3 trips to Radio Shack and Fry's, I got a usb serial port and the right null modem cable to work and connect to my yamaha rx-v1600.

Now, I am trying to get the status of the system and can not figure out why the server is not creating any of the variables that are mentioned in the manual. I have checked the MLYamaha plugin and everything looks fine. I can turn on and change volume but can not seem to get any of the variables to set. I do issue a status command but nothing happens.

Help please
Thanks
syous
Ken

syous

Postby syous » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:09 am

I can at least send commands to the unit. I just can't get the status. I would like to show the radio station on the screen for example.

syous

rhodesep

Have you send the status command?

Postby rhodesep » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:24 am

The server will not create the variables until us ask for a status. I use this command. "MLServeCmd.MLYamaha~status~1" I am using a 2600 should be the same. Good Luck

- Gene -

Pinnace0

Postby Pinnace0 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:20 pm

There are many examples of the USB to serial device not working well. Try moving the Yamaha to a motherboard com port. If you do not have a Motherboard Com port, try a PCI to Serial host controller card. This is much more reliable than the USB> Serial cable.

Additionally if you have antivirus / Antispyware software on the PC disable it while testing

Craig

syous

Postby syous » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:15 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

As I said in the beginning, I had to use the USB serial becasue the PCI serial card that came with this new system was not working at all. I am working with David to get a replacement. Also, I am issuing the status command and still nothing. On that note, does that mean that I have to issue the status command regularly to get updates? Like every time a button is pressed on the screen?

Anyone from Cinemar?

Thanks
Syous

syous

It is not the USB serial port. Must be a pluggin bug

Postby syous » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:54 pm

I just got the PCI serial card to work and still have the same problem. I believe it is the pluggin. Can someone else try or let me know if they got it working?

syous

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:58 pm

syous,
I sent a note to Bob the plugin author. I also recollect Krumpy saying that he had to send a few PowerOn commands to get things cooking. Try that. I have a message out to him as well to get some more details on my recollection.

Did you get the MLServer serial card to work? What was the issue? Comport?

PeterM1
Expert
Expert

Postby PeterM1 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:32 pm

Also: If you can get your hands on RcvMgr (Yamaha's receiver manager: it's dealer-only software but available on the web) you can test your com port and serial cable connectivity to the receiver outside of ML.

syous

Postby syous » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:51 pm

Thanks Smoothtlk and peter. That is great stuff. I will try to get my hands on RCvMgr.

As for the serial port, I will tell you only if you promise not to give david a hard time. I don't want to get him mad at me.

syous

syous

feel stupid

Postby syous » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:55 am

OK , I figured out why I could not get variables. It helps to spell status correctly.

Still have the issue with zone 3 volume.

Return to “Yamaha”