New Release of MLYamaha plugin

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Release of MLYamaha plugin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Version 3.99.28 of the MLYamaha plugin has been released. The previous version was written by a 3rd party developer who has long since vanished. This version represents the Cinemar written version of the plugin. No new features have been added except for support for the V2700 and V1800 receivers. If you have issues with this plugin we are now in a position to troubleshoot and fix the issues. This is clearly a case of "if it isn't broke don't fix it." If the current version of the plugin is working for you there is no reason to upgrade to this version. However if you have issues with the current version you will have to upgrade to this version and then post your issue.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: New Release of MLYamaha plugin

Postby kgudge » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:11 am

Where is it Dave?

MLInstaller is only showing the old one.
DVDLobby, MuL, JRMC, TV Lobby, DVD Profiler.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:39 am

Do you have MLInstaller set to automatically update? If not click on the Update button. It's in the list.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:34 am

My fault, forgot to reset the default gateway on the server after installing a new router, last update date was February.
DVDLobby, MuL, JRMC, TV Lobby, DVD Profiler.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:27 am

Does this version of the plug-in support the Yamaha Z11 and the RX-V3900? Yamaha changed their command set around 2010 so I don't think that this will work with Yamaha's newer models, correct?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:29 am

No the existing Yamaha plugin will not support the Z7 or the 3900. Writing a driver for them is a bit of a challenge. I would not be able to write a driver for those unless I was able to have access to one for testing during development. If you have one and I can remote into your system for testing I can put it on the development list.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:57 am

I have an RX-V3900 and was thinking of adding a newer Yamaha into the mix (the RX-A2010). IR is working fine but figured I would ask about the plug-in. I would think that a lot of installers/users still purchase Yamaha equipment but I could be wrong.

I looked at the protocol docs a while back and it seems that they made the newest version terribly complicated. I am happy to let you use my setup if it is something you want to pursue.

Thanks,
Davis

Near76
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Near76 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:20 am

I am replacing my RX-Z9, which works great with this plugin, with an RX-A2020. Any chance the plugin supports this version or will in the near future?
-Matt

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:47 am

Without seeing the protocol document for the RX-A2020 it is impossible to answer. The Yamaha serial protocol has been very consistent across the product line. So there's a good chance at least the basic functions will work. All the newer Yamaha products that have iPhone and Android apps use the newer web based protocol to control the amp via the network. The existing driver cannot do that. If the RS-A2020 only supports network control then a new driver will need to be written. Everything hinges on getting the protocol document. A quick Google turned up nothing. It is probably something we'd have to beg Yamaha for.

jlp-cinemar

Postby jlp-cinemar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Dave

I posted this in the "I Need a Driver" thread several months ago.

I found the following link for the IP protocol for controlling the yamaha aventage (RX-Axxxx) receivers

http://www.ceintegrator.com/wiki/yamaha ... p-control/

There is a file you can download near the bottom of the page

thanks

John

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:53 pm

I new someone did that I just couldn't find where it was. Thanks for refreshing me.

Return to “Yamaha”