MLYamaha not working

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

MLYamaha not working

Postby mnkynifefite » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:31 pm

I have an HTR-5890, fully registered version of MLYamaha, using a GC-100 (dedicated for the receiver) connected to my receiver via a Null Modem cable. The plugin is registered...I've restarted MLServer...but alas, not working!! I don't see any MLServer variables for Yamaha in the list. Created a button for Toggling power to see if it works..when I click it the event log in the Recevier plugin says:

CMD: Z1Power~Off~1 FROM: myClient1
Entering BinaryStr Routine
GC-100 Sending 7 bytes [02 30 37 45 37 46 03]

But I see nothing else, and the power does not toggle (I've also tried On and Off).

My GC-100 is set to module 1 for Serial (confirmed the GC is setup that way as well).

Thoughts? The fact that I see no server variables is very suspect. Please help.

BTW- Using MLYamaha v3.0.2

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:03 am

Try the cable in a local com port to make sure it works correctly.

Did you setup the serial device #1 for the GC unit? To do that browser via the units IP of the GC unit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DVDLobby, MuL, JRMC, TV Lobby, DVD Profiler.

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mnkynifefite » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:01 pm

How would I test the cable with my "local" pc? My ML server is no where near my receiver, thus the need for the GC. I do have a "local" HTPC runnning ML client...is there a way to test from the client?

I've ordered another Null Modem cable, just in case, and a serial over IP "server" (worth a try, and would save me a GC).

See attached pic for my GC serial settings. Look ok?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mnkynifefite » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:49 pm

FIXED IT.

Changed the baud rate to 9600, restarted the server. Works now. Wiki is very skimpy on troubleshooting tips...might want to add this.

HTR-5890 (not sure of the other Yamahas) needs a 9600 baud rate.

Thanks kgudge for your help.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:10 pm

FYI - anyone can add to the wiki (or edit it).

Feel free to create an account (use your forum handle for consistency) and edit where you see fit. Not sure how you are connected for me to edit the wiki with the specifics - GC? or PC serial direct? I haven't read the rest of the posts which probably makes this question obvious :)

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:39 pm

All of my GCs came default at 9600 baud. In fact every serial device I control runs at 9600 baud. It seems to be the de facto choice.

If you can get a copy of the Yamaha RS232 guide for your receiver I would say it is a must have. Some commands and modes may be different than the default plugins commands, but with the rs232 guide you can work out the relevant direct commands fairly easily. I found three or four anomalies which I added to the wiki.

Tim posted up a RX-v2500.zip with a set of scenes which helped me alot getting to grips with the plugin/receiver.

I have mine running over 15m cat5/serial balun leads rather than via the GC. I wanted to get two way feedback of the power status for zone 1 and 2. This didn't work with my receiver via the GC, so I ran additional cat5 cables for the Yamaha receivers.

I posted a screenshot of my receiver screen in the gui graphix forum a while back. It took a while to create but I hardly ever use it, home automation does it all for me.
DVDLobby, MuL, JRMC, TV Lobby, DVD Profiler.

Return to “Yamaha”