iBridge

rileydog
Expert
Expert

iBridge

Postby rileydog » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:31 pm

OK - I ordered one. It claims to support meta data via the RNet protocol. The docs show all the controls possible with the "new" Russound touch screens - playlists, search, etc... Since there is a Turner plugin using RNet control maybe this would be easy...

I know someone else asked a few months ago but is there a plugin coming for the iBridge? Seems like a natural and easy way to control the iPod - the thing I really like about this is that I can put the dock anywhere in my house and use a cat5 cable through my structured wiring. Just route that cable from my patch panel in the basement into a source... At a minimum the Keypads will control it OK but the WAF would go up dramatically with ML control.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:41 am

rileydog, At the EHX show last week, we introduced the new iPort plugin for the Sonance iPort docking station. We haven't looked at supporting the iBridge yet.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:12 pm

Wow - that looks much better than the iBridge - I canceled my order for the iBridge and will look into getting the iPort. Can't wait! If you need a beta tester, let me know.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:15 pm

If you download and install the latest Mainlobby Client, you will see the new iPort support scenes there. Takes advantage of the new sliding menus to very quickly locate music / movies in the iPod by first letter navigation.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:25 am

This will work with the desktop iPort, yes? I don't want to put any more holes in my wall.

Is it 2-way? I mean, meta data can be extracted? Current playing song, playlist, etc... Would be cool to be like the theatertek plugin - have a slider to show song progress...

Where can you buy these iPorts? I can find the in-wall one at several places - the desktop version is hard to find (er, can't find it).

Thanks,

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:57 am

rileydog,
Yes, 2 way RS232 from desktop (or wall mount) iPort docking station.
An update in progress from iPort allows for coverart etc, to be extracted beyond playlists that functions great now. so does progress slider. But, we have even better plans for coverart support that are in development.
this is the "deluxe" docking station on the market. Not cheap, but our understanding from speaking with many dealers, the best.
We are not established (yet?) as an iPort dealer. Maybe one of our iPort / Cinemar dealers can speak up here and offer their services (they are so bashful :) )

RonX

Postby RonX » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:39 pm

This is another RS232 controllable ipod dock station http://us.marantz.com/Products/1837.asp

Could be another option

english_1969

Postby english_1969 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:38 am

Can someone confirm or not where the sonance will support RNET?

Also, does this mean that one should be able to use the iport successfully with the UNO-S2 or TS2 keypads?

I just bought an ibridge, but after reading this the iport is the way to go if you are going to be using ML.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:28 pm

I don't think the iPort will support Russound's RNET protocol as I believe it is proprietary to Russound.

The iPort is the FIRST MainLobby iPod plugin. It won't be the last. I think that the iBridge would be our next as we have good support over rest of Russound product line and the iBridge is a natural next. No timing on this yet.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Wed May 28, 2008 7:25 am

Just looking to integrate my iPod Touch with my two CAV6.6's and ML - what's the latest on this - is the iPort still the device to go with?

Thanks,

Paul.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed May 28, 2008 9:10 am

From a docking perspective yes, the iPort is still the way to go (as there aren't any other dock drivers created yet).

From a control standpoint, the iTouch supports the Safari browser, so one could control a MLServer environment with custom coded HTML pages. Examples are in the MLServer html directory for how one would display WeatherLobby and DVDLobby 3.75 info and control what movie to play.

Will require some HTML background to do more (like control a MLCAV66 plugin).

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Wed May 28, 2008 9:20 am

Thanks - yes, from a docking only perspective ATM.

Did I look at the right product - the version with RS232 seems to be VERY expensive? (like £700-800 - $1500 ish)???

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed May 28, 2008 9:30 am

Yes, the iPort is a high end product and priced accordingly. Popular amongst the CE installers.

Return to “Russound”