Russound ST-2 Tuner Public Beta

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:04 am

The Activation code is specific to the PC it was requested from.

If you have moved to a new PC, you need to email the old license / Activation codes to dave at cinemaronline dot com and request a transfer. You will get a new licence code that you would apply to the new server and then you would request Activation from the new server. You will then get an email with your new activation codes.

You should get this done before going any further. If the plugin isn't registered correctly, you can't troubleshoot anything further.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:32 am

I already did that process a few months ago. I'm using the activation codes I got from the transfer email.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:48 pm

You should get this done before going any further. If the plugin isn't registered correctly, you can't troubleshoot anything further.

I already did that process a month or so ago. Even still, I've been having this problem since before i moved servers.

any ideas on the problem with the plugin anyone? Is there anyone with an ST2S who is using this successfully?

Thanks,
Kyle

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:17 pm

Still having the same problem. I can control source2 on my ST2S which is the FM tuner but obviously it was never designed to control the Sirius component.

Who created this plugin? Is there any chance of getting it updated to work with the sirius component? Am I the only guy here with the Sirius version? You may want to remove the part of your MLRussoundST2 plugin page which says it works with the ST2S.

Can I get a refund of my 80 bucks?

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:41 pm

Kyle:
I wrote it using a XM Version of the ST2. I seemed to have no problems controlling the XM version and always assumed that SIRIUS would be very similar, but I did not have a version to test it.

I think the XM version was setup with the XM Tuner as Tuner2. Is a setting available to switch them? If not, I think I can change code to allow Tuner 1 to be the SIRIUS tuner. Is the first tuner AM/FM/Sirius or just SIRIUS?

Let me know and I will see what I can do.

Sorry I missed this the first time you posted.

Tracy

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:22 pm

Tracy,

Thanks for the response I appreciate it. The ST2S has the Sirius tuner set as 1 and the FM tuner set as 2. Reading the manual for it I don't see any way of changing that.

I'm curious... When you monitor the plugin running on your machine do you see the same thing I see with regards to the ten billion "buffer partially filled" messages?

I can get it to change FM frequency's just fine but I haven't found a command yet that'll control the Sirius module.

Any ideas?

Kyle

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:55 pm

can you try:

Code: Select all

BAND_TOGGLE~SOURCE_1

Should toggle band on Source 1. See if you can toggle to Sirius then

Tune_Up~SOURCE_1 or Tune_Down~SOURCE_1

also should have access to the following:

CATEGORY_UP~SOURCE_1
CATEGORY_DOWN~SOURCE_1
CATEGORY_CHANNEL_UP~SOURCE_1
CATEGORY_CHANNEL_DOWN~SOURCE_1

It has been quite a while since I have had this code open, so please bear with me as I get back into it.

Let me know if you get anywhere.

thanks
Tracy

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:14 am

MLServeCmd.MLRussoundST2|BAND_TOGGLE~SOURCE_1
Nothing happens on the SIRIUS Tuner

MLServeCmd.MLRussoundST2|BAND_TOGGLE~SOURCE_2
Causes the FM/AM tuner to toggle bands correctly.

None of the other commands do anything on SOURCE1 (Sirius tuner)

The device settings tab shows tuner2 with it's FM frequency and I can change the station there and it all works.

On Tuner1 it displays all sorts of headings coming off the sirius tuner, sometimes the station name, sometimes the category(mostly category). None of the buttons on tuner1 do anything, which i guess it expected since they all relate to an AM/FM tuner.

I wonder why these commands work for you on XM but not sirius?
hmmmm
Last edited by kgingerich on Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:58 am

What happens in the plugin when you manually change the Sirius tuner? Does the info make it to the plugin?

Does the tuner 1 have AM/FM also or just SIRIUS?

Any chance I can log in to your system and take a look?

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:20 am

when i change stations on sirius manually the info gets updated in the mlrussoundst2 plugin display on tuner1.

Tuner1 is just for Sirius, AM/FM is on tuner2.

I could setup a remote desktop session to my MLServer if that would help. Let me get it setup and PM you.

Thanks,
Kyle

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:36 pm

Problem solved for me. My sirius tuner was on source 4 and the plugin assumes the sirius tuner is source 1 and fm/am tuner is source 2. I switched my sirius tuner to source 1 and it works now. nothing wrong with the plugin I just didn't realize it had to be on source 1.

Thanks,
Kyle

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:38 pm

Great to hear. Glad things are working for you. Let me know if you have any other issues that need to be addressed.

oaserani

Any update on Tuner 1 variable junk?

Postby oaserani » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:07 pm

Folks -- here I go again looking for closure. Can we have an update on why Tuner 1 variable continues to display junk. I've hard that this is an RNET issue. I'm not convinced that it is. Even if it is, it sounds like a lame excuse. Tuner 2 does not have that problem. By the way, if you scan up and down and change the frequency, the junk goes away until something else updates (XM, JMRC, etc.).

This just plain sounds like sloppy programming -- which was fine for Beta quality, but not for paid product. It'd be nice to take ML/MLS to professional level and stop having to be aggravated everytime I open up a screen that I would liek to finish but I just get frustrated because there is stuff that hasn't been addressed.

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:18 am

The way this plugin works is to read whatever comes across the RS232 port and process it. If it is coming from the device on the tuner1 channel, it will get processed as tuner 1 data.

Is there anyway to test and see if this is happening without RNET hooked up? If it is an RNET issue, the only way to filter it out is if there is a difference between the RNET message and the message that is generated by normal traffic

jonreid

ST2 Tuner does not respond to plugin at all

Postby jonreid » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:10 pm

Can someone please clarify the following question.

I have a CAV6.6 x 2 with UNO-S2 keypads and 1 x ST2 tuner.
VM 14 setup as required to source 1-4 on the cav6.6

I have the lastest ver 4.0.6 code on the ST2 tuner.

I have assigned ST2 Tuner 1 > Source 6 on the CAV6.6
I have assigned ST2 Tuner 2 > unassigned on the ST2 (turned off, not using)

Questions are:

1. I cannot get the ST2 to do anything, with or without rnet connected.
I have read that the plugin requires that tuner 1 should be source 1 on the cav6.6 but this is silly if one want to use Vm 14 matrix switcher which requires 1-4 source inputs for video.

Please anyone can you assist. I have tried alll combination etc

Is this as simple as the ST2 tuner having to be assigned to source 1 & 2 on the cav. If so how do i change the source requirements to something else.
Development for Progress

Return to “Russound”