Changelog text file?

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Changelog text file?

Postby pgale » Mon May 05, 2008 4:32 am

Have been away from ML apps for about 9 months whilst my new Node0 is being built and most of my HA kit has been decommissioned. Nearing the time to start re-building it all and having a look at changed versions of the ML software I have.

I noticed the new Cinemar Installation Assistant and have installed it but can't seem to find the changelog for the CAV66 drivers.

Are these in a central place? Can I view it without having to install the update?

It would be very nice to have it available in the installer app! :)

Paul.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon May 05, 2008 7:12 am

Yes, we are moving the Release notes to the wiki.
They get moved one at a time, as we edit them. The Cav plugin hasn't needed an update in a while.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Mon May 05, 2008 7:37 am

Thanks.

Will you put the entire changelog history in there from first/beta release?

Cheers,

Paul.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:50 am

Can I get the changelog please - I need to know what's changed since my last version.

Specifically, I need to know if dual CAV6.6's are working through just one serial connection to the master controller???

Thanks,

Paul.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:38 am

http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki ... v66_Plugin

Looks like the plugin supports up to 6 cav units. Installing the plugin and looking at the serial tab should answer the question on how many com ports you will need (one or more).

Because there are CAV IDs, my assumption is it is connected via RNET to one serial. But I am not the CAV expert, Mario and Dave are (as they own the units).

Best answer is try it.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:50 am

Thanks David, but I was specifically after the changelog/release notes which are missing from the wiki.

There was some talk a fair while back about the plugin changing to communicate with additional units via RNET, so you didn't need multiple serial cables connected. There were some fairly big bugs though and it's that that I wanted to check progress on. This was at least 1 year ago...

I am having a play though anyway...

Cheers,

Paul.

Return to “Russound”