Dynamic menu

Tell others how you're using MainLobby.
gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:57 am

You'll need to wait for the upcoming release to have the MLServer overlay call work.

If a client does not identify itself in the request, then a "load overlay" command will end up going to ALL clients. Is that what you want? :wink:

Also, if the variable used for the button label isn't unique to the client, then all clients' menus will change when one changes them. Right?

You're right on about the potential of this method: unlimited menu depth controlled by simple text files.

Yeah... my buttons are a bit "jerky" in first appearance as well on the Progear tablets - but not on faster systems.

jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby jjjukebox » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:41 am

Thanx for splaining the {{clientname}} need again. Tell someone something enough times and it is bound to sink in. Your are absolutely right and if I had tested it on two clients aty once I would have seen that.

Looking forward to the update so I can get this finished.
J.J. Jukebox

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:10 pm

:mrgreen:

fryguy

Postby fryguy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:40 pm

With the latest release 2.86b are command map dynamic menu's now working?

Anyone have more documentation or discussion on this Greg?
"If at first you don't succeed ... Skydiving is not for you"

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:15 am

If my memory serves me right, the issue in 2.86b is that the lakes work with nesting, but the commands do not.

If you have only one client, this is not an issue.

justmikie
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby justmikie » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:34 am

Gregory...

Can you explain in a little more detail how to actually accomplish this.
2- I'm not hiding the unused buttons; but it'd be easy to do with a state. One moment... YUP... works great. I just redid them all. Great idea. If the variable that gives it the label doesn't have a value, the button is hidden. Pretty simple. It looks a lot cooler than the "." I was putting in there. Another great thought. Thanks!

I'm using a text box on top of a button so that I can use button state to "highlight" the current selection. Can I still hide buttons this way?

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:28 pm

I don't think so because you're already using the two states: ON is one color, OFF is another. Only if they could have more than two states could you have another state that has a varied transparency.

An alternative - though painful - approach would be MORE buttons that sit in the exact same position with MORE variables, allowing each button to have a "ON = red / OFF = invisible" or "ON = green / OFF = invisible" condition. A pain... but you're already using two just to get the text and colors... :P

Return to “How are you using MainLobby?”