Can Pronto TSU6000 use girder commands like any other remote

Tell others how you're using MainLobby.
webwalker

Can Pronto TSU6000 use girder commands like any other remote

Postby webwalker » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:00 pm

I'm still trying to find an 'ideal' remote for ML.
I'm looking at the Pronto TSU6000, and wondering if it can use girder commands just like any other remote, or if it is limited?

I'm trying to to find a remote that can easily control all the software functions I need in WinDVD, JRiver MC etc. I think that the only way will be to actually learn to use girder.....unfortunate!

I've read that the new Harmony 688 isn't as good as people would have hoped?

Thanks.

Sean

Helheim

Postby Helheim » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:18 pm

You can use the Pronto along with an AIRBOARD Infrared Wireless Keyboard and teach the Pronto keys from the keyboard to control different things. You can use the Pronto to send IR signals to which girder can recognize but you still need to know girder.

webwalker

Postby webwalker » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:23 pm

I have a Gyration Wireless keyboard and mouse...is that an AIRBOARD?

Helheim

Postby Helheim » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:22 am

No. An Airboard uses IR so the Pronto can learn the commands.

http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Keyboard/sk7100.asp

webwalker

Postby webwalker » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:10 am

Helheim wrote:You can use the Pronto along with an AIRBOARD Infrared Wireless Keyboard and teach the Pronto keys from the keyboard to control different things. You can use the Pronto to send IR signals to which girder can recognize but you still need to know girder.

So....a Pronto can communicate directly with Girder, just like the controller I got with my HTPC case? Are there any girder settings/drivers that I will need so that girder recognises the Pronto? With my current controller, the case manufacturer provided an executable file (plugin) that let girder recognise the controller (Sasem On-AIR).

Thanks...sorry I'm still crossing the t's before I spend the cash on the Pronto.
Sean

Helheim

Postby Helheim » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:26 am

What kind of IR receiver came with the case? I use a Pronto TSU-7000 and an IRMAN with Girder and it works fine. If you have an Airboard you can use the Pronto to send IR commands direcly to the airboard ir receiver to send keyboard commands. I plan on buying an Airboard next.

webwalker

Postby webwalker » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:39 am

Hi

The receiver is a 'Sasem On-AIR' receiver. It came with my case (DIGN HV5). It's linked to a cool little VFD screen attached to the front of my screen, that can show text of the Girder commands...it's neat!
I think I might need to buy a new Ir receiver also if I buy te Pronto?
Maybe this Ir man is what I need?
I'm also planning on buying the RF receiver for the Pronto - will this also work with Girder?
Thanks for your feedback thus far.

Sean

Return to “How are you using MainLobby?”