Main Lobby on a budget

Tell others how you're using MainLobby.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Main Lobby on a budget

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:16 pm

They are a separate download. Look for the iPhone Beta files in Help / Cinemar Installation Assistant.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Re: Main Lobby on a budget

Postby donburkard » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Am I totally misunderstanding how all of this comes together? I understand I need to get the ir codes from ML Server to the room components, and thought I could use the PC in the room as the device to transmit the IR codes.

Yes but you will need mlserver0 client license on that pc as well. I forget how mario explained it to me once but the moral of the story was this. You must have the hardware you wish to control plugged or somehow linked to mlserver. You cant plug it in to another pc just because its networked and control it through ml server without the 0 client license(which in all reality is another instance of mlserver running but linked to the main mlserver) That said think of it like this. If you turn on the kitchen light switch your kitchen light comes on. If the wiring in you house isnt seriously messed up, that is all that should happen. If you want it to turn your bedroom lights on as well you have to link the switches somehow. wishing it so doesnt cut it. there has to be some DIRECT link between the two other than simply being on the same home power grid. Does that make any sense?
Hooked on HighDef

Return to “How are you using MainLobby?”