MCE MyMovies Integration

Tell others how you're using MainLobby.
Droezel

MCE MyMovies Integration

Postby Droezel » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:10 am

For years I've been using windows media center and the My Movies plugin. A couple of weeks ago I tried the DVDLobby plugin with success but I love how easy the media center works. It just plays it all: wmv, divx, dvd ifo, dvd img, hdwmv, avchd, hd img, ... with little or no config. So I decided to create my own MyMoviesLobby.

For now it can:
- browse movies (next page, previous page, by the alpha slider),
- view a movies detail,
- start the movie on the selected media center through the MyMovies plugin
- remote control the selected media center

All data and cover images are taken from the MCE MyMovies (SQL) server. It uses some plugins:

ML Plugins:
MLClientSVC (to start selected movie in MyMovies on Media Center)
MLDatabase (gets the data out of the mymovies db)
MLScript
MLTCPSend (for remote control)

MCE Plugins:
My Movies MCE Plugin (http://www.mymovies.dk/downloads.aspx)
MCEController (http://www.kindel.com/products/mcecontroller/)

For those who are interested: I have included all mls files, scripts and macro commands in the zip attachment. There's also a bit of explanation on how to get it working.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

newstuart

Postby newstuart » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi THat looks great well done.

I bought Mainlobby a few years ago but have never properly intgergrated it as I presently use MCE and my wife loves the simplicity of it. I would love to intergrate it with mainlobby and have a nice interface on my UMPC to control it with + a few in wall PCs intergrated.

A few questions if possible,

1) Are you using Vista or MCE 2005?
2) Do you select the movie from a touch screen using the Mainlobby interface ? If so what is the screen showing MCE doing at the same time?
3) Do you control other aspects of MCE with Mainlobby? ie My Tv, My Music etc ?

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:19 pm

newstuart wrote:Hi THat looks great well done.
1) Are you using Vista or MCE 2005?
2) Do you select the movie from a touch screen using the Mainlobby interface ? If so what is the screen showing MCE doing at the same time?
3) Do you control other aspects of MCE with Mainlobby? ie My Tv, My Music etc ?

Currently I'm using Vista MCE, but it should work as well on MCE2005.

I can select a movie by touchscreen, select a target MCE computer and start the movie on that computer. The movie doesnt actually start right away, the media center application starts and shows the mymovies detail screen with the movie info. I start the movie from there.

For now I just control the movies part. I can also start up the my tv and my music parts of MCE, but I dont know about more integration.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: MCE MyMovies Integration

Postby DaveB » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:15 pm

After quickly blasting through this, the scripts and macros, have you thought about integrating the remote call commands into the "Remotes" section of DVDLobby setup and changing the scripts and macros to make calls from the already existing DVDLobby Database? I think that without all that much more code work, it would work great. The remote part is the easy part, as you can insert any ML command into the setup of DVDLobby. You would still use everything you did with the exception of creating and maintaining a new DVD database. You could then benifit from the already working DVDLobby feature set.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “How are you using MainLobby?”