BabyLobby addon - baby wipe & bottle warmer control.

Tell others how you're using MainLobby.
lathanm
Intermediate
Intermediate

BabyLobby addon - baby wipe & bottle warmer control.

Postby lathanm » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Well since becoming a father for first time on 3/15 I have found a new use for ML, use it to control the baby wipe and bottle warmer timers. In the case of the bottle warmer I have it attached to an x10 switch and a serial temp probe. Set the temp on the screen and ML turns the warmer off at the correct time. Allot easier than dealing with the tiny dials on the warmer.

For the wipe warmer it doesn't have an on/off switch. The manufacturer recommends not running the thing all day since it can dry out the wipes. I set up a 1hr on 2hr off timer. Sure beats trying to unplug the thing one handed at 3:00am.
Hacker /n./ One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations.

Pass the popcorn, the movie is starting!

http://project2501.tzo.com/gallery/automation
http://project2501.tumblr.com

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:26 pm

lathanm,

Congrats on the newborn and welcome to the club. My first daughter is approaching her first birthday in April.

Great use of ML. Now if you could figure out how to make ML actually do the wiping you'll be in business. :)
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:33 pm

Congrats Lathanm!!

Now will the baby inherit your / your wife's graphical talents? We are going to need a new library by about 2025 so go get the baby a couple of crayons to start :)

Mine are now 1 and 3. One of my MainLobby BabyLobby projects was putting a "Baby Last Fed HH:MM" on the touchscreen in the Foyer. In my home, this is typically where you walk on by from kitchen to wherever one would feed the baby. Helps Mom and Dad keep track on what those crys are all about :)

Enjoy!

Scott

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm

What's up with the baby warmer for wipes? Is this a Northern thing? My daughter is 2 and she hasn't complained about the temperature so far. :D

BTW congrats on being a Dad!

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:29 am

Congratulations! =D>

At 8 and 10, my boys are beyond bottle warmers.

I'm thinking about those wipe warmers for myself though... sound very soothing. :lol:

Return to “How are you using MainLobby?”