Recipe Manager

Tell others how you're using MainLobby.
kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:10 pm

Again, great script and my wife really enjoys this one.

One question though, currently when she views recipes that are longer than the max lines it displays the "more" and she clicks on it to view the next page. Is there a way to create a "back" button somehow to get back to the first page?

Kyle

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:34 pm

kgingerich wrote:Again, great script and my wife really enjoys this one.

One question though, currently when she views recipes that are longer than the max lines it displays the "more" and she clicks on it to view the next page. Is there a way to create a "back" button somehow to get back to the first page?

Kyle

Thanks!

If you click on the recipe title on the list, it should re-display the first page. To add a new button I'll have to add another variable that gets set to the current recipe number.
--
Bob

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Bump! For the newbies that dont know about the recipe.mls

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:47 pm

Still think this is a great use of ml.

Did anyone ever work on a database? Would be great to have this work like barlobby and have access to 1000's of recipes.

I think a $29.95 (err I mean $9.95 LOL) would be a success. or has something similar already been built with which we can play?

ps. I installed this last year in a few minutes. If i can do it, anyone can do it even if they are limited on mls knowledge. I proved it. lol

Hmm, now to figure out why the actual recipe is not showing up on my new pc install, everything else shows up, even pics.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:13 pm

Wow, figured it out on my own. See? I am getting it (ok, just parts).

While everything was populating on my recipe screen, the name of the recipe would show up but the actual recipe wouldnt. I confirmed the variable was in mls.

Good lesson learned this week was adjusting the size of the label via "~whatever number~whatever" number in the label is useful. Nice. now that the label is big enough, it shows the recipe.

Why do I share this? progress for me I guess. lol

now, on to the "more". its not working when there is more recipe to view.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:26 pm

Good news. Sounds like the one click at a time method is starting to pay dividends.

Take a look at MainLobby client's scrollable text field and try to use that instead of a "More" button to load a second page. Scrollable is described in the ML Release notes for 2008.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:43 pm

OK, working it but snaggin. I found this:

MLText|ScrollUp~layer~aliasname

So i tried this:

MLServeCmd.MLText|Scrolldown~layer~{{recipe}}

and these:

MLServeCmd.MLText|Scrolldown~stage~{{recipe}}
MLServeCmd.MLText|Scrolldown~1~{{recipe}}
MLServeCmd.MLText|Scrolldown~0~{{recipe}}
MLServeCmd.MLText|Scrolldown~layer~recipe

and a few variations. What am I leaving out? I am thinking its something to do with layer and aliasname.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Your data is defined and displayed in a MultiLine Text "button". In MainLobby button edit mode, you can now name a button (it's Alias).

Once that MultiLine button is named, you can add another button and put MLText|ScrollUp~layer~aliasname as it's MLCmd (note...this is NOT a MLServeCmd).

Typically the layer would be Stage
The aliasname is what you called the scrollable text multiline button.

See DMR.Movies.Browse.mls for example (in the Movies directory if you are running DVDLobby3.75) The movie overview is a mutliline text box and the Up / Down arrows are the control buttons.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:43 pm

Davidl, those are great instructions! Love having examples to look at. Helps alot.

My label on the actual recipe in my recipe.mls:

{{recipe}}~800~515

And it is a multiext button. I reviewd the DMR.Movies.Browse.mls to look at the commands. THe part that confuses me is the layer and stage? I tried these:

MLText|ScrollDown~stage~{{recipe}}
MLText|ScrollDown~{{recipe}}
MLText|ScrollDown~layer~{{recipe}}

In mlcmd of course, not mlserve. Should stage be something else? I dont understand the stage part. Stage is simply whats on the screen, right? in a particular layer?

And its not that I am focusing on "recipe," its about studying commands. Jumping around works best for me to learn different things.

Thanks. I like the way you responded.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:59 pm

"My label on the actual recipe in my recipe.mls:

{{recipe}}~800~515

And it is a multitext button."

OK, so what did you assign that button's Alias (in Edit mode for that button)? Let's say you called it "RecipeText". And, what Layer is that button on? If it is in the lowest level (like the main area in the default 0019 scenes) then it is the Stage level.

http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki ... #The_Stage

Create another button (an UP arrow as example) and put this as it's MLCmd (to right in the button's Edit panel)

MLText|ScrollUp~stage~RecipeText

Create another button (Down arrow)

MLText|ScrollDown~stage~RecipeText

Save your Scene.

Now, send this command to MLServer:
SetVariable|recipe~This is how you make a hot dog....LOTS OF TEXT.....End of TEXT~
this creates a MLServer variable called "recipe" with that text.

When you launch the scene with your recipe text multiline button, you will see the text box with the size you configured in the label field. Now push your Down arrow and you will see the text in the RecipeText button move.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:32 pm

Ahhh! It's a beautiful thing! I was silly in thinking the alias was the label name, then I saw the actual field for alias.

Works BEAUTIFULLY! Thank you thank. Now I can apply that anywhere.

But what else did I learn? Ok, its a basic, LOL. SetVariable from the command line, I always went back into mls to do it. Nice.

My recipe variable was already done, so adding the alias made it work. Love it.

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:57 pm

DavidL,

Thanks for the clear explanation for using the scrollable text boxes. I haven't looked at the recipe code in quite a while but it might be time to go back and make some updates.
--

Bob

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Recipe Newbie

Postby ronsatter » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi Gang ...

I just discovered this thread. I'm excited to try this. Just need to know where to find the latest version, script etc.

Thanks,

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

bpwwer

Re: Recipe Newbie

Postby bpwwer » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:38 pm

ronsatter wrote:Hi Gang ...

I just discovered this thread. I'm excited to try this. Just need to know where to find the latest version, script etc.

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron,

It's still in the same place, but probably buried in the posts on the thread somewhere.

http://www.bobshome.net/mainlobby/ at the bottom of the page is the description and links. The zip file has an installer that does a basic install and puts things in the right place (for a standard installation). You still need active state perl installed to run the script.
--

Bob

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:20 pm

Thanks Bob.

I visited your website. Really nice work on your Mission Furniture. I love the style and clean workmanship.

Now to dig into your recipe stuff!

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Bob; Good work on your scenes. I like the use of the packaged backgrounds. Many users forget that they are included with the software for free, and with some work, have great potential.

On the irrigation comment at the bottom of your page; I thought the same until I fully integrated my system. I now control the sprinklers based on anticipated forecast with triggers to turn the system off for things like high winds and so on. I also have patio foggers for great summer cooling that actually are triggered by a UPB light switch and set for a automated run time, all due to the integration.

What I have found is that once you integrate the next piece, you will wonder why you did not do it prior. 8)

Keep up the good work - and as soon as you recipe scripts are ready, I will try them out.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “How are you using MainLobby?”