Recipe Manager

Tell others how you're using MainLobby.
bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:21 pm

pacman wrote:
Bob do you see any problems that could exist by having subfolders with in recipe folder

example

Inside the recipe folder there would be a Main folder then inside that folder there would be subfolders Beef, Pork, fish etc.

Nope, that should work fine. Just use "Main/Beef", etc. in the buttons for the cateory.
--
Bob

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:01 pm

Hi Bob

This is one of the cmd from your original screen shot

MLServeCmd.Macro|SetVariable|recipe_page~0!MLFileOpen|c:\Program Files\MLServer\recipe\recipe.pl~0 Desserts 1~0!SetVariable|recipe_category~Desserts

\Program Files\MLServer\Recipe\recipes\Desserts\Cakes

Now because of the folder structure I am using I would like to change it so it will look in the Desserts folder and then the subfolder Cakes to list all the cakes recipes.

I did try this \Desserts\Cakes but can't make it work maybe Iam editing the wrong part of the cmd

James

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:07 pm

I got it!

MLServeCmd.Macro|SetVariable|recipe_page~0!MLFileOpen|c:\Program Files\MLServer\recipe\recipe.pl~0 Desserts\Cakes 1~0!SetVariable|recipe_category~Desserts

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:13 pm

This is the one that works

MLServeCmd.Macro|SetVariable|recipe_page~0!MLFileOpen|c:\Program Files\MLServer\recipe\recipe.pl~0 Desserts\Cakes 1~0!SetVariable|recipe_category~Desserts\Cakes

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:31 pm

Bob

What are you using to edit you recipes I have been doing them in notepad but when I save them they are saved as a Text Document and I have noticed your are save as a file.

Sorry for all the questions but If I am going to do the work to get this all up and running I want to make sure I can avoid any problems.

James

TCassio
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby TCassio » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:18 pm

I believe it is a text doc. Just delete the .txt extension in the filename.

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:54 pm

I think I edited them all using vi on my Linux box. But they are just text files without the extension. I did that because it was easier. Notepad works fine, like TCassio said, just rename them to remove the .txt

I think it will still display files with the .txt extension, they'll just show up in the scene that way too. I didn't want to have to deal with converting names back and forth to display them without the '.txt'
--

Bob

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:06 pm

Thanks guys!!!

Bob I am just sending off an email to David to see if the intergrating a recipe Database is possable so we all could have access to tons of recipes with hopefully little or no effort. I would think that would make this all that much more powerful of a feature.

I am clueless on what it will take.

Thanks again
James

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:09 pm

HI Everyone

Near Complete!!

I should be done later tonight or by tomorrow at the latest. Those who are interested send me an email and I will send you all scenes, folder structure and directions.

jpacman@telus.net

I have the entire folder structure done and just finishing up all the scene. This should help to navigate through very large recipe data easily.

I guess all we will need now is someone to take MLDatabase to the next level and integrate a database and we all could have access to thousand of recipes

James

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:52 pm

Anybody know a easy way of coding the bottom buttons so it will show on on state without having to create a total of about 100+ variables.

I would like the button color so you can see what sub category your on .

Just like the potato button in this picture.

I know I can create a variable {{side potatos}} and have it go on when I pushed the button and turn off the other side variables, but I thought there might be an easier way.

Thanks
James Paquin

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:15 pm

Jim,
You might want to take a look at MLMenu.

That might be a better way of orchestrating the navigation and highlighting.

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:01 pm

Hey Smooth

MLMenu is a powerfull tool, however it is still in Beta and I wanted to make it so I can share these MLS with out having people go through much of a set up just plug in play. I don't mind doing it the long way if it makes it easier for other to intergrate.

If I create 77 individual variable like {{recipe main Beef}} how can I make it that these variables will automaticly be created so other don't have to reinvent the wheel. Do I have to see If Bob will include so they are set up when you set up recipes exe or can I do somthing to make it so they will be automatical created

Thanks
James paquin

jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby jjjukebox » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:23 am

Just wanted to say this has been an excellent addition to my system! =D>

I have added a print button the my scene to print the current recipe to the default printer on the MLServer machine and wanted to share the command:

MLServeCmd.MLFileOpen|NotePad~/P C:\Program Files\MLServer\Recipe\Recipes\{{Recipe_Category}}\{{Recipe_Title}}~1

Many Thanx
J.J. Jukebox

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:58 am

Thanks J..J.

That's a great idea!
--

Bob

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:17 am

Thnaks JJ that is a great add on to be able to print. :D

I will be adding that cmd on a button for my screens as well, I just thought I would update all those who sent me a email to send you the screens. I need more time as I have to code all the screens for the bottom button to highlight and add the print button. The folder structure is done!

The screens would of been out but there has been some customers that want some things done before Christmas and this has not given me much time. I will shoot for the end of this weeked as I need them complete for my customers.

All we need is someone to make MLdatabase give us tons of recipes. Great job BOB!!! thanks for the plug in! :D

James Paquin

Return to “How are you using MainLobby?”