Layer Graphics Not Updating

Post beta version feedback on MainLobby releases
jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Layer Graphics Not Updating

Postby jeffdoo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:03 pm

I'm probably going to use the wrong terminology, it's been a few months since I did any ML scene work.... This problem sometimes happens in the production release but is definitely broken in the .162 beta.

I have base template which is loaded on almost every scene called navAll. There is another template which is loaded on 80% of the other scenes, poorly, called Home.mls which has two graphics that are set to reload. So, now I have a scene load (called thermostat.mls) with overlay scene 1 as navAll.mls and overlay scene 2 as Home.mls.

The problem is the two graphics (JPGloaderTimed01Second) on the Home.mls scene (Overlay 2) never reload/refresh. The "JPG Image or Flash" as the Reload box checked and the following line:

{{mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curimage}}|width=130|height=130~1

The problem would randomly occur on 3.0.15x and simply navigating directly to any scene with Home.mls as the scene would correct the problem. But, under 3.0.162Beta that doesn't even work.

Please let me know if you require additional information.

Thanks

- Jeff

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:25 pm

Jeffdoo,

You might need to turn off your browser caching capability in Internet Explorer.

That could be your problem.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:14 pm

mcascio wrote:You might need to turn off your browser caching capability in Internet Explorer.

Nope, that definitely isn't the problem because there was a release of MusicLobby earlier this year to address that problem. All album covers have a different file name.

Also, for some strange reason it's working again but I haven't changed ANYTHING on either the ML or MLS machines. And, just like in the past I fully expect it to break again but I still don't have a repeatable process to create the problem, other than having the "Image"/Reload object in a scene used as an overlay2.

- Jeff

Return to “MainLobby Beta”