License Expired Pop Ups

Post beta version feedback on MainLobby releases
jespeed
New Member
New Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:45 pm
Contact:

License Expired Pop Ups

Postby jespeed » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:53 pm

Hello All,

I have read other posts concerning the expired license pop ups and the directions to prevent this from happening but after trying these they have not worked.

I am using MLServer 3.0.583 and Mainlobby beta 3.00.162.

I receive the expired warnings for the Weblobby, XMLogos and the 017 graphics library. I have never used any of the above and probably never will. This is very annoying and we need a method that will work to prevent this from happening.

The weblobby.dll is not in my plugins directory and has never been there. I do not own any XM Radio equipment so that has never been installed. And I have went through the Graphics Library 017 to make sure that I do not use any of the library resources on any of my screens and I do not.

I have tried to delete the offending entries using the license manager and they just keep coming back.

I have tried replacing the offending library files with the place holders with no effect.

What do I have to do to fix this issue? I have been using cinemar software for quite a while and would like to get this issue resolved.

Any help will be appreciated.


Take care all,

Jim Spence
Take care,

Jim Spence

User avatar
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10548
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:56 am
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:11 pm

If you delete these licenses from MLServer and they keep coming back it is because there is a client out there that thinks they are loaded.

Perform a test. Close all clients. Then delete the licenses from MLServer. Stop and Restart MLServer and verify the license keys are gone.

Then start each client one at a time. After each client connects go into the licensing and see if they are back.

When they come back show me the MLServer event log showing the client handshake log.

richardfj
Member
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:38 pm
Contact:

Postby richardfj » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:37 am

I've been trying to fix this issue for a while ... finally determined to take care of it.

Where are the licenses on MLServer?

The MLClients have a license folder, but if I delete them there and reinstall MainLobby, it simply replaces the licenses.

User avatar
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10548
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:56 am
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:05 pm

If you ARE NOT using the MainLobby beta then go into MLServer / Help / Manage License Keys. Click on the Select All button. Then press delete. This will remove all the MainLobby related license keys. Restart MLServer. You should not see any more license expired messages.

If you ARE using the Mainlobby client beta then send me an email with the library license keys that you need.

richardfj
Member
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:38 pm
Contact:

Postby richardfj » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:38 am

Sorry ... I just realized I posted this in the Beta section ...

Nonetheless, that didn't work. If "delete all", restart MLServer, and try the client again, I have the same issue. I also tried to shut down every client, "delete all" on MLServer ... then individually delete the library files from each client, reinstalled MainLobby Client (3.00.151.79) and restart everything ... however same issue immediately. When I reinstall client software, it replaces the library files I deleted.

What am I doing wrong?

richardfj
Member
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:38 pm
Contact:

Postby richardfj » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:02 pm

Just as an FYI (since I couldn't find this anywhere when I was searching) ... per Dave's instructions I did the following and it worked:

- I shut down every instance of MLClient
- Under "Manage License Keys" on MLServer, I 'selected all' and 'delete'
- Shut down MLServer and restarted it
- On every MLClient PC, I uninstalled MainLobby through the uninstaller
- The remaining Cinemar directory (which contained all my scenes, swf etc. I renamed to "CinemarOLD"
- I then reinstalled MainLobby (making sure I had the latest version of course)
- After reinstalling, I copied over only the files that were specific to my clients ... scenes, swf, whichever library files I do have a license for etc.
- Did some minor tweaking on scene startup and directory settings and everything was back to normal


Return to “MainLobby Beta”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest