KevinD

Help inspire others. Post your screenshots and scene files for all to see and share.
kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:53 am

n000n000

Are you by chance running HS2.0? This code has not been tested with it. I have not migrated to 2.0 because of the stability issues still at hand.

-------------------
PERL Update: First of all Perl programs are supposed to work without any issues in HS2.0 I guess we will find out. I've been having a strange "code" issue and as yet have not been able to solve it. HS tech has gone over the code and find no faults....so it's a mystery to them too. Will keep digging.

The PERL version creates all required devices/events/triggers/conditions etc automatically for each Alarm Clock or Reminder you want to make. Reminders simply don't use options like "Weather' and such.

n000n000

Postby n000n000 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:28 pm

Even if I've got the licence for the new version, I'm still using the previous version of Homeseer...

So do you have the Perl setup ready ?

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:59 am

Well....yes and no.

Yes but you would have to manually add the device action in one of the events...

and No...because the script is not creating the device action needed...this is the bug that even the HS tech guys have not been able to solve so it's out in the HS forum to see if I can get some answers.

If I can't get a response and can't resolve this "bug" then I"ll release it with the instructions of which event needs to be manually modified. It would only be one event.

n000n000

Postby n000n000 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:29 am

Do you want me to beta test it? :wink:
Maybe it will have a different behaviour on my system...

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:31 am

Here it is!

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.p ... post684090

NOTE: Could not get the bug fixed so you will have to edit the two offending events manually. Complete instructions in the readme file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

n000n000

Postby n000n000 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:41 pm

Back after few month : my server crash and I find no time to reinstall it..
No it's up and running again :D

About your Perl installation:

Requirements:
ActiveState Perl http://www.activestate.com

Being a complete rookie about Perl.
Which software do I have to install to use your Perl package?

Thanks

Arnaud

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:11 pm

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Mon May 01, 2006 11:16 pm

You can see a video of my home here. It's a little rough and definately "Real TV"...but it was fun :D
http://ravenswoodwhistler.com/smarthouse.html

dreamhost
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby dreamhost » Tue May 02, 2006 6:47 pm

Nice job on the video, I really enjoyed it and wished there was more to it, which is unusual for me.
I'm curious about the touchscreens your using. It appears to be the 10" airpanel, but not sure as the video wasn't quite sharp enough to make it out.

I've been debating about adding more touchpanels to my system, and was curious as to what you think about the airpanel if that is what it is.

I am currently using hitachi (linux) touchpanels with vnc, and it's more than time to make the change. It seems that for some reason I can't figure out, that the vnc keeps 'disconnecting' itself from the main computer, and while it's easy to fix, it's annoying. Also the cpu load for vnc is unacceptable to me.

In a 'pefect world' cinemar would finally come out with 'web based' applications, which would solve once and for all the 'connection issues', but I'm not even sure that's on their list of ideas at this point, so no more waiting.

A few questions:
1. do you panels stay connected to the server without dropping?
2. I am also using multiple security cams around the house, and curious how well the video comes across on them. Linux vnc sucks at that LOL
3. are you running mlobby/dvdlobby/etc... installed on the touchpanel itself, with mlserver on the 'main computer server'?
4. If you had to do it all over again, would you still choose to go with those panels? if not..... what have you seen that works better, and what don't you like about them?

Thanks for your time and input if you are able. I'm on a fairly tight budget, and would rather save my $, then have to start over again in the future.
beta system setup:
windows media center 2005
pIV 2.8 (oc 3.0)
2g pc3500
6600gt agp
mce150 tuner card
audigy 2xs
redrat ir blaster
2x lite-on dvd burners 8x
2x 74g raptor boot drives raid
16x 200-500gb storage drives - mostly usb hub attached

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Tue May 02, 2006 7:36 pm

dreamhost wrote:Nice job on the video, I really enjoyed it...

Thanks...:lol:

dreamhost wrote:'m curious about the touchscreens your using. It appears to be the 10" airpanel, but not sure as the video wasn't quite sharp enough to make it out.

Yes. They are AirPanels. V110's The crappy lighitng did not help BUT it made it easier to see the screen.

dreamhost wrote:1. do you panels stay connected to the server without dropping?

No disconnect problems anymore. Several of us V100 owners, on this board and the Homeseer board went through serious debugging to find out why they had disconnect issues. Go over to HS board and search for V110. In general, You NEED: good wireless signal, Dedicated IP address for the panels and I added "Keep Alives" on the XP machine.

dreamhost wrote:2. I am also using multiple security cams around the house, and curious how well the video comes across on them. Linux vnc sucks at that LOL

Wireless B. Video streaming is choppy. I don't mind too much personally.

dreamhost wrote:3. are you running mlobby/dvdlobby/etc... installed on the touchpanel itself, with mlserver on the 'main computer server'?

Nothing on the Touchpanel. V110's are RDP

dreamhost wrote:4. If you had to do it all over again, would you still choose to go with those panels? if not..... what have you seen that works better, and what don't you like about them?

You know, I really like them but like anything there are pro's and cons. Pros are the nice 10inch screen and only 2lbs, slick design and docking cradels. That I like. The con is really the Wireless B. If these were wireless G.... Idiots! There are some very nice new products coming out though and over at HS in the "Touchscreen" forum are discussions on them. Would I use them again? Yes. BUT, if I could find a product with the same size, weight AND with Wireless G....they're out there.
Last edited by kevind on Sat May 06, 2006 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Tue May 02, 2006 8:23 pm

I've successfully swapped the INTERNAL wireless cards in my tablets with a 802.11g Linksys card ripped from one of their gateways. Cheap and fast. 8)

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Tue May 02, 2006 10:20 pm

gregoryx wrote:I've successfully swapped the INTERNAL wireless cards in my tablets with a 802.11g Linksys card ripped from one of their gateways. Cheap and fast. 8)

Oh Yeah? . Sweet! Anyway, when you find some spare time, you could put together a "How To" ? How's your video cam streams?

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Tue May 02, 2006 10:55 pm

I doubt I'll find time for the "how to" any time soon... but it's pretty simple: I cracked open the cases on a couple of Linksys access points until I found the model (of the day) that had a mini-PCI card clipped in. I took it out and tossed the AP.

I opened up the tablet and replaced the mini-PCI card. I loaded the Linksys PCI drivers and it worked.

That's it.

Since the model-o-the-day that'll have the card will vary and the method for the laptop / tablet will vary, the screw-by-screw will vary as well.

I did this with two different Gateway laptops and two different Motion computing tablets and an FIC tablet. All work great.

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Tue May 02, 2006 11:10 pm

How did you load the Drivers into the V110?

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Tue May 02, 2006 11:41 pm

I don't have a V110, but you can download the drivers off the Linksys site before you do the swap...

Return to “User Gallery - Screenshots”