fungun's dual interfaces UPDATED 0721.07

Help inspire others. Post your screenshots and scene files for all to see and share.
fungun
Intermediate
Intermediate

fungun's dual interfaces UPDATED 0721.07

Postby fungun » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:24 pm

Changed over to TOS movie style grafix.

Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fungun on Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
Starport Boji ML-HS Info
http://www.geocities.com/fungun

Ripper

Postby Ripper » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:04 pm

Those look sharp fungun! I'm glad they made the screenshot section so we can all see what others have done..I've been assimilated! :)

Just curious also how you are grabbing that weather data? Is that with Homeseer and a certain monitoring station via serial?

fungun
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby fungun » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:42 pm

I use 3 dif weather scripts with Homeseer
1. PM_Weather
2. Weather XML
3. NOAA-WeatherXML
Tim
Starport Boji ML-HS Info

Ripper

Postby Ripper » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:54 pm

Thanks fungun!

fungun
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby fungun » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:26 pm

As many of you know :roll: I have a hard time deciding on an interface.
So I took a chance and decided to not have a background, only buttons. Simple, easy to make and change, still has a LCAS look :)
Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Starport Boji ML-HS Info

BraveSirRobbin

Your Suggestion Needed

Postby BraveSirRobbin » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:17 am

Hi O Mighty Tim;

I have always been impressed with your scenes! One quick question if I may. How do you handle the progress bars (say for the wind speed monitor)? Do you just use multiple bars then a visible rule when the value is between a certain range?

Reason I ask is I am now monitoring my garage door with a distance resolution under two inches. I would like a graphic that showed the "progress" or state the garage is open based on this value.

One very good suggestion was to take multiple progress bars, rotate them 90 degrees and then stick them together. This worked but didn't give the polished look I wanted.

With your talents I'm curious what approach you would take. I am basically dividing the inch measurement by the total open inches and multiplying that value by 100 so I have a very good zero to 100 percent accurate dynamic reading of the garage door (in a Homeseer device that is transferred to ML Server via the MLHSPlugin).

Thanks and regards,

BSR

PS: Should I post this in another thread so I don't clutter yours here?

PPS: Excellent selection of "hard rock" music BTW!
-----------------------------
**** Do You Cocoon? ****

fungun
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby fungun » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:11 pm

Depends on how the virtual device is populated-does it show a % or actual inches open ? For precip grafix I use this script in HS.--

sub main()

dim rain

rain=hs.DeviceString("r77")

if rain = "0" then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1.jpg"

elseif rain >0 and rain <.10 then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1a.jpg"

elseif rain >.10 and rain <.20 then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1b.jpg"

elseif rain >.20 and rain <.30 then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1c.jpg"

elseif rain >.30 and rain <.40 then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1d.jpg"

elseif rain >.40 and rain <.50 then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1e.jpg"

elseif rain >.50 and rain <.60 then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1f.jpg"

elseif rain >.60 and rain <.70 then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1g.jpg"

elseif rain >.70 and rain <.80 then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1h.jpg"

elseif rain >.80 and rain <.90 then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1i.jpg"

elseif rain >.90 and rain <1 then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1j.jpg"

elseif rain =1 then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1k.jpg"

elseif rain >1 then
hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1l.jpg"

end if

end sub

Tim
Starport Boji ML-HS Info

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:47 pm

Wow...you really do live this don't you? SWEET! :wink:

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:54 am

BSR - why don't you use a MainLobby Slider and put the Homeseer device code in the label of the slider? The handle will move to the number that the HS device is at (0 - 100).
The latest ML update (soon) will fix a bug with rotating the slider 270 degrees.

fungun
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby fungun » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:37 am

I wouldn't use the slider to show where the door is at. I would use the "Progress Bar" if your gonna do it that way. I tried that once with wind direction. One of the weather scripts I use give the direction in text (Nortwest) and in degrees (345) so the progress bar would move to it.
Tim
Starport Boji ML-HS Info

BraveSirRobbin

Postby BraveSirRobbin » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:45 am

I used the suggestion of "stacking" multiple progress bars that were rotated 90 degrees to make this look like a garage door. The result was OK, but a really cool flash Icon (which worked like the progress bar) would be a lot better.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

**** Do You Cocoon? ****

BraveSirRobbin

Postby BraveSirRobbin » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:04 pm

Hi Tim:

Call me dense, but in your code above, this statement:

hs.plugin("MLHSPLugin").MLServeCMD "MLServeCMD.SetVariable|raing2~\NewLCARS\rain1.jpg"

Exactly what is "raing2"? Is it the name of the button (gauge)? How did you set this up in Main Lobby (how does that command know to replace that button witht the rain1.jpg icon?

Sorry for the simple question, haven't been getting all that much sleep lately!

Thanks again,

BSR

**** Do You Cocoon? ****

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:16 pm

raing2 is the name of the variable. The path is the "value" of the variable. I assume that fungun is using this variable to show the graphic rain1.jpg in a seperate button where this variable name is called out.

fungun
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby fungun » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:47 am

The PMWeather script for HS has 4 devices that report rain totals-"Today's rain", "Yesterday and Today's rain", "Last 7 days rain", and "Last 30 day3 rain". I have a grafic for each one-raing1, raing2, raing3, raing4.
Tim
Starport Boji ML-HS Info

BraveSirRobbin

Postby BraveSirRobbin » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:09 pm

I know you guys are going to kill me, but I'm still not getting this :oops: !

I know he is assigning the variable "raing2" the graphic that he wants displayed, but I don't understand the following:

Where is this graphic physically stored (i.e. on each client under the "images" subdirectory in the main Cinemar folder)?

How is the variable declared in Homeseer and especially the MLHSPlugin so it gets passed to MLServer correctly?

Is there something special in Homeseer or MLServer that needs to be done in order to do this?

In other words, he runs this script in Homeseer probably in an event. The graphic gets assigned the "raing2" variable. Then he justs assigns a library button the following label: {{mlhsplugin_raing2_value}} ??

Again, sorry for being so dense.

**** Do You Cocoon? ****

Return to “User Gallery - Screenshots”