Weather Scenes With Dynamic Backgrounds

Help inspire others. Post your screenshots and scene files for all to see and share.
ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Weather Scenes With Dynamic Backgrounds

Postby ronsatter » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I have created some background images for my weather scenes to reflect some common sky conditions,
using the server variable {{weather_current_sky}} and some conditional parsing to load the scene file which fits a sky condition.

For example:

Conditional|Contains##{{weather_current_sky}}##Sun##WebCmd|{{clientname}}~LoadScene|Weather_Scenic_Sun.html##
WebCmd|{{clientname}}~LoadScene|Weather_Generic.html

Pretty simple stuff. I picked some common sky conditions for my stored weather locations:

Clear
Sun, Sunny
Clouds, Cloudy
Fog
Rain
Thunderstorms

For now, I simply cloned my generic weather 5 day forecast scene to create the additional weather scenes with various backgrounds. A more efficient method would require Dave to add the ability to use server variables in the designer image object. Then we could just have a single scene with the ability to change the background image via conditional statements, rules or timers.

If you are handy with a graphics program, you can import beautiful free images from Google, re-size them to fit your device dimensions and save them to your "Images" folder to be used on your custom scenes.

Here are some of my custom weather scenes displaying this idea in action:
Wxr_1.png

Wxr_2.png

Wxr_3.png

Wxr_4.png

Wxr_5.png

Hope this gives y'all some inspiration!

Where's my blender 8)

Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Return to “User Gallery - Screenshots”