Some 0026 Library Shots

Help inspire others. Post your screenshots and scene files for all to see and share.
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Some 0026 Library Shots

Postby DaveB » Sun May 03, 2009 8:42 am

Hi All; I decided to post some shots of my current configuration, mostly to inspire some new users on what you get with a nearly out of the box interface. I have slightly modified nearly every scene and function from the base Library 0026 offering, but only slightly for use with my exact equipment. The cool part is that I have used only included graphics with the exception of some of the backgrounds.

I can post more as requested.

System; (3 primary computers)
MLS; Running on Server 2008, quad processor. This machine is also my music host for iTunes and camera captures. Primary development machine

Main Media; Running Vista Untimate; hosts all DVD video contained on 2 TB of internal storage. Hosts one touch screen

Backup Box; Running Windows Home Server; Provides system wide backup of every machine and all scenes; Hosts one touch screen and Web insterface for remote operation.

(Secondary computers)
Kitchen; Running Vista Business; Hosts one touch screen

MBR; Running Windows 7 beta; Hosts one touch screen

I could go into much more detail, but just PM or email me if you want more information.

What is next; Well the 0026 interface has been great, but this summer it is time for a face lift. I do not know what is to come, but I will post the progress. I also plan to port MLS over to the WHS machine along with the iTunes media, thus eliminating one machine and 750 watts of continuous energy draw!! I am procrastinating this due to the pain of renewing all the licenses. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Sun May 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Dave,
Very nicely done. It shows me how far I have to go with my scenes.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun May 03, 2009 1:26 pm

Thanks! Just remember;

Keep it simple;

Keep it functional (it may look cool, but fat fingers can not press small buttons);

Stay within the theme you have choosen! So many times, scenes do not match, buttons do not match and colors do not match.

Keep the same button in the same place on every scene.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun May 03, 2009 1:34 pm

Looks good.
BTW, isn't it Recipes, not Recepies?
Hey if that is all they can critique, not bad ;)

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sun May 03, 2009 5:21 pm

Very nice Dave ...

Just a note to newbies. The 0026 graphics package is an additional purchase to the graphic objects in the core MainLobby application. It is NOT included.

Perhaps Cinemar will have another sale on the package, now that you have shown us new design possibilities. :wink:

"Out-of-the-box" graphics in the core ML are also excellent. I still mix 'n match 0019 and 0026 libraries for my scenes.

Thanks to Margaret Holden for her creation of the 0026 package, DaveB for his 0026 adaptations, and Mario for a platform which gives us such great design flexibilty.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun May 03, 2009 7:27 pm

DavidL wrote:Looks good.
BTW, isn't it Recipes, not Recepies?
Hey if that is all they can critique, not bad ;)

David;

Great catch - The entire family has been looking at that scene for 6 months without seeing the error.

Fixed - Thanks!!
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun May 03, 2009 7:28 pm

ronsatter wrote:Very nice Dave ...

Just a note to newbies. The 0026 graphics package is an additional purchase to the graphic objects in the core MainLobby application. It is NOT included.

Perhaps Cinemar will have another sale on the package, now that you have shown us new design possibilities. :wink:

"Out-of-the-box" graphics in the core ML are also excellent. I still mix 'n match 0019 and 0026 libraries for my scenes.

Thanks to Margaret Holden for her creation of the 0026 package, DaveB for his 0026 adaptations, and Mario for a platform which gives us such great design flexibilty.

Ron

Great point - WHen I said "Out of the Box" I actually mean "Available from Cinemar" as are many of the drivers behind the scenes that make my system operate.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

TCassio
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby TCassio » Mon May 04, 2009 7:02 am

Well I beleive there is another mis spelling. Your audio amp, i am assumeing is an Onkyo, you have it spelled Onkio. If I am wrong, my appologies.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon May 04, 2009 5:59 pm

Yea that one is on purpose as that is how my wife always says it; She pronounces the word somthing like Oink ( like oink, oink) and then Kia somthing like the car. So it is there for that purpose only!! :lol: Hey , you need to have some fun.

I also have a button on the Admin screen that says "Do Not Press" . When pressed, a message comes up sayiing that all scenes and files are being deleted and the screen goes black (via the screensaver). It is amaizing how many times during a party that someone comes running to me appologizing that they just destroyed my system.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Mon May 04, 2009 6:16 pm

"I also have a button on the Admin screen that says "Do Not Press" . When pressed, a message comes up saying that all scenes and files are being deleted and the screen goes black (via the screensaver). It is amaizing how many times during a party that someone comes running to me apologizing that they just destroyed my system."

That is freaking GREAT! Pure genius. Well done DaveB.
Hooked on HighDef

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Mon May 04, 2009 6:45 pm

Dave ...

You're putting bad voices in my head.

Let's see ... I could trigger the lights to flash also. That would scare the "bejeezes" out of someone. Hmmm ...

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon May 04, 2009 7:31 pm

Ron - Yep - I also did that for a Halloween party one year; The light was a strobe about 10 feet from the screen, and yes, it did work well! :shock:

Flashing all the lights through the home might also be fun!

Hey - we are all always real serious about the control systems we create. Every button must be less than one pixel off center and so on. There is more that can be done with these systems, and some of that stuff must be fun!!

Another one to try;

Press the doorbell and the sprinkler system starts up, thus trapping the person on the porch when no one is home anyway. (only works when the alarm is in away mode)

OK enough - I will sell more tricks for $1.00 each 8)
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Fri May 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi Dave

Very nice screens !!! it made me revamp mine thanks alot :lol:

Could you share the coding for the light sliders, also do you use UPB if so do you notice a studer in the slider when setting light levels.

Thanks

James

davevans
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby davevans » Fri May 22, 2009 9:42 pm

What I do to get rid of the studder is set the lighting variable that will update when the light level changes, to the value of the slider before I send the light level command. Does that make sense?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat May 23, 2009 7:20 am

James; Sure! Sorry I missed your post. I will post some examples shortly.

As Dave said above, that is exactly what I am doing. I have a variable that drives the slider. The lighting module simply updates the variable. I can also, with this method, use the same method to control lighting and keep the sliders correct via my HAI panel.

I have a mix of control, some via ML directly and some via HAI directly.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “User Gallery - Screenshots”