djsl updated scenes

Help inspire others. Post your screenshots and scene files for all to see and share.
djsl

Postby djsl » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:30 pm

I just updated the dvdlobby scenes to use the new search slider. The overview slides in when the thumb art is selected.
Last edited by djsl on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djsl

Postby djsl » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:33 pm

I uploaded all my scenes if anyone wants use any.

I tried uploading from here but the file size exceeded the size limit.

http://rapidshare.com/files/100479854/djsl_scenes.zip

Jim
Last edited by djsl on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:51 am, edited 6 times in total.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:50 pm

Jim, Very nice job!

If you don't mind, we can create an installer for them in the Content\DJSL directory and host them for you.
PM me if that's ok with you.

thank you for sharing!

djsl

Postby djsl » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:40 pm

Here is a virtual keyboard that I have been using that I have found to be very very useful on the touchscreens. I have included the keyboard layout that I use and have modified slightly from the one they give in their examples, but if someone wanted to use it, they would have to purchase the software which is pretty inexpensive.

I have modified the link from the previous post to the new file. I have cleaned up some of the scenes and also included the keyboard layout.

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by djsl on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:23 am

Hi Jim

Great job on the screens !!! you can tell how much thought and planning went into the development. Very clean and great look!!!

Thanks for sharing you gave me some great ideas.

Could you share all of the components/ products that you have intergrated for the reef tank. I have a customer that would love this and I would hate to reinvent the wheel if you are willing to share.

Thanks again
James Paquin

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:03 am

Just wanted to add to the list of people appreciative of your willingness to share.

Great job!

Thanks,
Kyle

itanic
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby itanic » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:37 am

Me too. You saved me hours upon hours of work plus gave me some great new ideas.

djsl

Postby djsl » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:36 pm

thanks everyone, I am more than happy to share.

James here is my Tank setup. I have some pictures of the tank and setup here:

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa167/djsl1026/

My tank is a 150g that is an in-wall with a sump room in the basement with a 50g sump.

I don’t use a chiller so temperature management is important since all the lights and ballast are in the enclosed area above the tank.

I have a dedicated inline fan unit that dumps the hot and humid air outside. There is also an inline fan that brings air to the lower part of the enclosed area. In the summer if the temps get too hot I use a damper to add some a/c air to the inline fan to cool down the enclosed area.

The lights turn on and off at certain times. Actinics, MH1, MH2, Moonlight1, Moonlight2

The fans come on and off depending on the temperature of the water and temperatures in the enclosed area over the tank.

To monitor the system I get ph, temp, and orp readings on the ML screens along with graphs to see trends.

I have set up an automatic feeder by modifying an Eheim auto feeder by connecting a power supply to it and also connecting an x10 universal module that basically closes the contacts for the feed cycle. The way it works is the pumps shutoff and a minute later it dumps the food, and that is three times a day.
I have also set up a bypass to the next feed cycle in case I feed something else manually; I usually do that a couple times a week.
It also has a Feed Now button on ML screen that starts the cycle and bypasses the next one in case someone wants to see all the fish, once the pumps shutoff they all come to the top waiting.

The sump has an automatic top-off setup with electronic float switches that controls the level of the water by adding RO water when the level drops.

The mix tank also has an auto-top off.

The one thing that has saved me many times is the alarm setup.
If the temps get high it will make sure all fans are on, it will start shutting off lights and set off an audible alarm throughout the house saying the nature of the alarm. Also it will send me an email on my cell in case I am not home.
If the water level gets too low in the sump it will shut-off the pumps and set off the alarms.
If the water level is too high it will shut off the auto top off system and set off the alarms.
If there is any water leak it will do the same.
If the PH gets too low it will shut-off the calcium reactor and send a message.

Here is the equipment list:

X10 appliance modules and Insteon InlineLink relays (for controlling pumps ,fans…)

Homeseer software (I have used homeseer way before Ml. If I was starting over I could probably get away by just using ML)

Homeseer MCS Temperature plugin (takes the temp readings the ph and orp and creates them as devices. I can then create events and scripts to control those devices. It also creates graphs of those readings. I also use this plugin for the 1-wire temp network.

Aquacontroller II (I use the serial connection through a script using HS to get Water Temp, PH and ORP from it. The newer Aquacntroller III now uses an Ethernet port which would much easier to setup)

If you need any more info let me know.

Jim

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:15 am

Jim; Nice job!!

I do have a question;
How are you doing the temperature adjustment for the house HAI thermostat? I saw the RunEx command with what looks like some vb script behind it.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:23 am

Here I go answering my own post once more.....Never mind; Figured it out as I forgot that you use Homeseer to control HAI. You are passing the RunEx command to the HS script, which in turn talks to HAI and adjusts the tstat one degree.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

djsl

Postby djsl » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:52 am

Dave for the house temp control I use 2 aprilaire 8870 thermostats with 3 remotes. I use it through the Homeseer plugin, and the whole setup has been very reliable. I know that ML has a plugin for it now , they released it after I had set ip up.

Jim

ebr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby ebr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:44 pm

Hey dj where'd you get the search slider for 375? I had seen that in a post dave made for the next release, but my client side release (129) doesn't seem to have it in there...

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:50 pm

ebr,

Look in Library 0019_0302b.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

ebr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby ebr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:59 pm

Thanks, Mario. Now, can you point me to a scene that uses this puppy so I can see how it works (I've not used sliders before).

mcascio
Founder
Founder

scenes

Postby mcascio » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:16 pm

Here's a sample scene that works well.

You'll need to set cover art count to 10 and adjust the thumbnail sizes to: 120x180 in the plugin.

The sliders are getting revamped for the next version - so the sliders themselves and the scenes will need updating. We were basing alpha selection on a 0-100 percentage but have since gone to 0..26 for pinpoint accuracy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “User Gallery - Screenshots”