No school like the old school

Help inspire others. Post your screenshots and scene files for all to see and share.
gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

No school like the old school

Postby gregoryx » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:22 pm

Realized these were still up on my web site under my "Progear" section.

They're from my Sony CD Changers / SlinkE / CDJ / HomeSeer / Ron Depping code / GK mods to run on a tablet stuff.

Perhaps they're why I still think Music Lobby and JRMC are a wonderful combination. :roll:

Old school, baby!

These JPGs are dated in 2003; but my first versions of this were up and running in 1999.

Again, it reminds me how far the Cinemar stuff takes me before I even start messing with it. Eventually - probably about when the next Music Lobby comes out - I'll have to redesign my current (3rd gen of ML stuff) UI.
Last edited by gregoryx on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rondepping
Expert
Expert

Postby rondepping » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:01 am

Brings back memories of long nights of fun at the keyboard and interacting with everyone on the homeseer forum.

:lol:

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:04 pm

Indeed! :D

Have we come very far? :wink: :lol:

rondepping
Expert
Expert

Postby rondepping » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:03 pm

Other than not being on the Homeseer board very much at all, ( I only check once every couple of months. ) Not much has changed..... :wink:

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:21 pm

I agree with both of you. It is rather amaizing that we have been doing this stuff since the late 90's.

Greg; you should keep those screens in archive someplace and pull them out 5 years from now. It would be interesting. I just wish I kept shots of some of my old ones.

Do you still use the progears or did you graduate??

As for HomeSeer - I actually do not know if I remember how to sign in. :roll:
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:17 am

I miss the old days.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:27 pm

I still hit HS site every few months. Since it doesn't seem to change much and I don't want to go back to it, I don't stay on the forum long.

I don't delete much of any old data, so these'll probably pop up again some time in the future. I'll have to see if I have any other old stuff laying around for nostalgia's sake. Since all my HA wasn't really computerized before this - X10, alarms, PBXs and what-not - there's probably nothing quite like these.

I only moved from Progears to Fujitsu 3500s a year or so ago, so I'm not that far along from then, hardware-wise. I'd guess in another year, I'll move to some faster touchscreen stuff that's already EOL'd as of today. :)

I'm not sure I miss the old days - at least not as it pertains to this stuff. It was a LOT of code work to get the above screens to work - only to have a finished product that wasn't as reliable or flexible or performed as well as the current stuff. I really haven't changed most of my ML stuff for close to a year now and it's still viable and working great and the back-end advances have improved it with little or no effort on my part. That's pretty cool.

I do suspect there's something to the fact that I (we?) appreciate how far this stuff has come and are sympathetic of some of the smaller glitches in the current stuff. Though I'm not so sympathetic when there's bugs in code that I can not do anything about other than "roll back to what worked and wait a week to try again". With the above stuff, I'd dive into Ron's code and find what I needed changed and either do it myself or post it back and it was fixed. Much more "open source" style. That I miss a bit.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:47 pm

Yes I agree, particularly from a dealer aspect. I would love to have the abilty to dive in to fix some nagging issues in real time. Any time that my guys need to leave and go back to fix a design or compatability issue, it costs my company many $$.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “User Gallery - Screenshots”