Glassy, 3D theme - Nay Family Home Theater V2

Help inspire others. Post your screenshots and scene files for all to see and share.
dannay

Glassy, 3D theme - Nay Family Home Theater V2

Postby dannay » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:06 am

I have completed work on my second attempt at a theme for mainlobby. My first attempt can be seen in the thread "Nay Family Home Theater Screenshots".

Like the first one, I have plagiarized heavily from other sources. The black frame around each screen was copied from Windows Media Player. Many of the buttons (including the cool home page buttons) and the gradiant blue background were copied from a MediaPortal theme called 3DMP made by Vanessa on their forum. The remaining buttons were either copied from lanthamn from his screening room theme or were library elements in mainlobby.

This first screen is the home page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dannay

Postby dannay » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:07 am

This second image is the music lobby. I am using the same progress bar in music lobby that I am using in my movie lobby for consistancy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dannay

Postby dannay » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:09 am

This is a screenshot of my dvdlobby scene

dannay

Postby dannay » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:10 am

This is a screenshot of my Theatertek remote control scene.

dannay

Postby dannay » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:12 am

This is a screenshot showing both screens in my dual-screen setup. My projector is showing the movie (Finding Nemo) while my 15" touchscreen is displaying the theatertek remote control.

dannay

Postby dannay » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:13 am

This is my games menu. Nothing fancy here- if you click one of the buttons, the corresponding game launches full screen on the projector. You just have to remember to make sure the game controllers are plugged in before you launch the game.

dannay

Postby dannay » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:15 am

This is a pop-up overlay I made to control the SageTV weather screens. The screen has a translucent background that covers the entire area to dim everything but the pop-up.

dannay

Postby dannay » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:17 am

This is a screenshot that shows both screens for the weather. The projector is displaying the SageTV current weather conditions, and the touchscreen is displaying the weather pop-up overlay.

dannay

Postby dannay » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:19 am

This is the screen I made to control the SageTV PVR. The channel logo buttons give me direct access to those channels, or I can manually enter the channel number or use the arrow keys to scroll through the channel guide.

lathanm
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby lathanm » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:20 am

Very Cool!

If you like I can redo the transport controls to match the rest of the colors you are using. I think I still have the original PSD. Hit me with a PM if you are interested.

LathanM
Hacker /n./ One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations.

Pass the popcorn, the movie is starting!

http://project2501.tzo.com/gallery/automation
http://project2501.tumblr.com

dannay

Postby dannay » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:20 am

Here is the TV Program Guide showing both screens. The projector is displaying the SageTV program guide while the touchscreen is displaying the TV control screen.

dannay

Postby dannay » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:22 am

This is my lights control pop-up overlay. It works the same way in any of the scenes. It uses the same trick I used in the weather pop-up overlay to dim the background.

PeterM1
Expert
Expert

Postby PeterM1 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:57 am

Very nice, congrats! Which version of SageTV are you using?

dannay

Postby dannay » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:07 pm

PeterM1,

I am using SageTV v6. I chose SageTV over the other software PVRs because it provides a way for Cinemar to send commands to it via Windows Messages. I haven't figured out a way to get information back from SageTV, but reliable 1-way communication is better than nothing at all.

Dan

PeterM1
Expert
Expert

Postby PeterM1 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:01 pm

dannay wrote:PeterM1,

I am using SageTV v6. I chose SageTV over the other software PVRs because it provides a way for Cinemar to send commands to it via Windows Messages. I haven't figured out a way to get information back from SageTV, but reliable 1-way communication is better than nothing at all.

Dan

thanks Dan. I've had Sage 2.x working with ML a while ago (too long ago judging from your 6.x version! :shock:) via the MLGirder plugin but moving windows to front of screen etc. was a tricky issue back then. I've moved off PC DVRs since but Sage was an excellent program. Great interface again!

Return to “User Gallery - Screenshots”