Daves Web Series

Help inspire others. Post your screenshots and scene files for all to see and share.
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Daves Web Series

Postby DaveB » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi All; Finally getting back around to refreshing my interface top to bottom. Due to the huge amount of new features already issued and forthcoming, I decided to embrace a modified version of the shipped interface. This way, as new features are added, I can implement them easily. I also have incorporated many of the items as designed originally by Ron Satter. I have included below my home page work in progress. Still need to implement the cameras, but otherwise nearly completed. The idea is to expose the most used items and make them as close to single click as possible without the use of menus.

What did I change:

1. I deleted the media presentation on the home screens as this will be re-implemented in a room view type configuration very soon. When you press the Zone button at the bottom, you will land on a room specific screen showing room items like lighting and media. No need for media on the home screen any longer.
    2. I added a Weather Alert icon for when alerts occur. Click on this and you land on the weather alerts page.
    3. I added what I call a quick information panel. The default is news, which auto scrolls between stories based on a timer. You can easily click the tabs at the top to view Stocks and my daily agenda. This is a WIP and may change some.
    4. The camera panel is next and will be designed similar to the quick info panel.
    5. Some small tweaks to the header toolbar, dial faces, title fonts and some coloration.

Thoughts, spelling corrections and comments are always welcomed and appreciated. At Least then I know that someone is looking! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: Daves Web Series

Postby ronsatter » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:26 am

Nice work Dave!

I like your idea of modifying the existing default sample scenes as your template.

Good use of button tabs for accessing layered scenes ... When you combine the states variables in the buttons to control the tab and text colors, you can set a universal button tab style to designate when the tab is active (I use green) or inactive (I use blue). 3 tabs per panel is a good balance.

You can get more bang for your buck on your camera display panel by building a cyclestates variable listing your cameras with commands to show/hide the camera overlay scenes on top of the panel. Then create a timer to cycle through the cameras every 30 secs. Bingo ... multiple cameras in a single panel ... along the lines of multiple RSS headlines in the News panel.

In general, using button tabs and overlays for menus and sub-scene panels is the way to go if you are designing for a small screen size like a phone.

Good start ... keep the visuals consistent through out your design suite and keep the navigation to any scene within two screen taps.

Let your scenes have some open space ... ie, don't crowd them with too many objects. Use pop-ups and menus.

Thanks for the credit mention !

Where's my blender 8)

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: Daves Web Series

Postby DaveB » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Some new shots as this is evolving;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “User Gallery - Screenshots”