Centralite VS MLServeCmd

If you have created a unique MLServeCmd that performs a unique task, please post it here so others can learn from them.
fatboy

Centralite VS MLServeCmd

Postby fatboy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:13 am

Hello
I try to control the lamp with Centrlte plugin on HS from ML via MLServer.
I would like what the best Button (slider may be) and what the MLServeCmd.macro i need to use for control and see the level off my centralite lamp on HS?

ps my Centralite lamp know this commande MlServeCMd.mlHSPlugin¦HS_SetDeviceValue:^33~1000 for OFF
MlServeCMd.mlHSPlugin¦HS_SetDeviceValue:^33~1100 for On
MlServeCMd.mlHSPlugin¦HS_SetDeviceValue:^33~1001 to 1099 for 1 to 999%

Thanks for helps and best regards

19rookie83

Postby 19rookie83 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:42 am

fatboy,

There is actually an easier way to do what you are trying to do. As well cinemar is in beta right now for a centralite plugin. The way I hooked it all up was with a direct RS232 to the port inside the centralite computer and then when a user enters a scene a that contains light controls, I send the command to query centralite for that load. Using MLGenericSerial to send the commands I had to put in command maps in MLGenericSerial to grab the response from centralite and store it down into a variable.

For controlling lights I send a direct command using GenericSerial and the light does what it is told. Trying hooking into the centralite with genericSerial, here are the settings I am using for the link:

com:whatever the number is for you
maxspeed: 19200
echo: off
databits: 8
parity: none
stopbits: 1
flowcontrol: none

SOrry I could not answer your question I have never worked with homeseer but this method has been rock solid for us and has been up for 6 or 8 months now.

Return to “MLServeCmd Examples”