Need help, please help

If you have created a unique MLServeCmd that performs a unique task, please post it here so others can learn from them.
Apichai

Need help, please help

Postby Apichai » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:46 am

Hi,

Is there anyone out there can help me. We have Homeseer/ML Server/MainLobby downloaded into our computer Windown XP Media Center 2005. How we create a command to ML Server to instruct Homeseer to turn on or turn off a particular light e.g. turn C1 on and turn C1 off and how this command paste to a button on MainLobby and link to Homeseer.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,
Apichai :?

fungun
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby fungun » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:04 pm

You just need 2 things.
1-the mlhs plugin from the Homeseer updater. Read all the directions !!

2-Follow this link for the cheat sheet that has tons of example commands in it.-http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1434

Tim
Starport Boji ML-HS Info
http://www.geocities.com/fungun

BraveSirRobbin

Re: Need help, please help

Postby BraveSirRobbin » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:15 am

Apichai wrote:We have Homeseer/ML Server/MainLobby downloaded into our computer Windown XP Media Center 2005.

Be aware that Main Lobby does not work in "Media Center" with the IR mouse/remote (even when the Media Center part is closed).

Wow, could it be that there may be TWO people who actually want this feature now!?!? :wink:
-----------------------------
**** Do You Cocoon? ****

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:21 am

No three. I originally purchased MCE to test exactly this issue. I was mostly looking for the MCE PVR / Live TV functionality to be "seemless" with MainLobby control screens. When I realized that Mr Bill took over the whole PC with a shell, I found that annoying.

So now MCE is just a XPPro operating system that I occasionally launch MCE app and get frustrated over it's non configurability. Nice for out of the box folks though. I have always said to Mario that MainLobby suite needs a setup wizard to get initial Mario coded functionality working out of the box. And then let the adventurous go wild from there.

If MainLobby had a PVR capability, there would be zero interest in MCE for my household. TVLobby was the beginings, a Live TV window embedded in an ML scene would be the next major step. Nothing that Mario is unfamiliar with (as a need).

Apichai

Thanks

Postby Apichai » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:33 am

Thanks Guys for responding. Everything is working now. :D

BraveSirRobbin

Re: Thanks

Postby BraveSirRobbin » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:24 pm

Apichai wrote:Thanks Guys for responding. Everything is working now. :D

You have this working with "Media Center"?!? :o
-----------------------------

**** Do You Cocoon? ****

Return to “MLServeCmd Examples”