Questions about commands

If you have created a unique MLServeCmd that performs a unique task, please post it here so others can learn from them.
donburkard
Expert
Expert

Questions about commands

Postby donburkard » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:29 pm

In dvdlobby when i select a dvd cover it switches scenes and goes to the play movie scene with all the dvd info and the play button. The ml server command for the play button is this

Macro|MLDVDLobby|PlayMovie~{{dvdcurrentselection_dvdnumber_{{clientname}}}}!MLPause|30!MLCmd|{{clientname}}~Application|sendtoback!MLcmd|changescene~{{clientname}}~0019_media.movies.mls

That works great and everything. My question is this... Why does it say dvdcurrentselection_dvdnumber_{{clientname}} ?

Why doesnt it say the actual name and give the actual number?

My thought here is i can add, lets say, The West Wing season one to dvdlobby for the cover, then once i select that cover i can add 4 or five buttons(one for each .iso/disk) and have the button launch the individual file just like it does for a single disk dvd.

Is something like this possible? I have looked at the few different ways there is now to accomplish this now and it is just way to advanced for me so i figured maybe i would try something new that maybe is not quite as elegant but still gets the job done until the fine folks at Cinemar comes up with a real solution.

Thank you

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Re: Questions about commands

Postby Fonceur » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:16 pm

donburkard wrote:Why doesnt it say the actual name and give the actual number?

Probably because you could have 2 different MainLobby clients launching different movies, from different pages filtered differently or something...
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer
TRadio: Sirius/HD/XM radio - TChart: Chart from variable Wiki

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Ok well in light of that is there a way to just add the actual number from dvd lobby?

Return to “MLServeCmd Examples”