Time is off

Report any bugs you may notice in TVLobby
digitalttrader

Time is off

Postby digitalttrader » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:30 am

This may not be a bug, it may just be my ignorance:

The times for my program guide is lagging by an hour even, though I correctly chose my time zone using the TVLobby plugin and chose the correct guide for comcasrt in my area via zap2it. Ive tried changing the time zone but that doesnt seem to change anything. Any suggestions?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:21 pm

Did you click the NOW button?

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:11 pm

digitaltrader,

Make sure you choose the correct time zone and daylight savings setting. Then, redownload you're listings and they should be right.

digitaltrader

Postby digitaltrader » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:15 pm

My times are consistently off by 2 hours despie me using the correct time zone. Any suggestions?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:55 am

Change the time, and reload the database with a new blank one (from the install), then redownload.

mediastorm
Developer
Developer

Postby mediastorm » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:59 am

smoothtlk wrote:Change the time, and reload the database with a new blank one (from the install), then redownload.

If that doesn't work you'll need to relocate your residence in the correct time zone. :wink:

jrfuda
Expert
Expert

Postby jrfuda » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:24 am

I have "automatically adjust for daylight savings time" turned-off, I have the windows time service disabled and I use the following enviromental variable: TZ=CST6CDT which is the time zone variable for central time.

I'm not sure if any of these help, but I needed them to get another TV data program (HSTV) to work properly, and - with them in place - TVLobby worked "out of the box" without any additional tweakings.

Now I just have to remember to change the clokc by an hour whenever daylight/standard time swap.

Return to “TVLobby Public Bug Reports”