Bug Report 3.0.26 and Vista

Report any bugs you may notice in TVLobby
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Bug Report 3.0.26 and Vista

Postby DaveB » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:41 pm

Smooth;

3.0.26 hangs on restart of MLS on my Longhorn server. No error was ever thrown, and most core components started. I just was never able to get through the initial spash screen, which hung when loading TV Lobby.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:02 pm

Since the plugin is not doing much until the tvlobby.swf initiates something, I'm not sure what could have gone wrong... Does it happen every time that you try?

If you were using a version < 3.20 before, the only thing that comes to mind is that I am using Visual Basic 6, while it was previously compiled in VB 5, does Vista includes the appropriate VBRUN60.dll (Visual Basic runtime library)?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:31 pm

First answer; SInce I set up my new Longhorn server several weeks ago, I never got to the point of re-implementing TV Lobby. I have been taking baby steps to get all back and working.

Second - I do not know and will go have a look for the DLL.

Also, to be fair, I will try loading 3.0.18 or so to see if the changes broke the install.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:16 pm

OK - so I went backwards and installed .19 - no issues at all - worked great first time. Then I installed .26, and this time it worked great. So, unless there is somthing missing from .26 for an initial install, not an upgrade, then I have no clue what may have been happening.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “TVLobby Public Bug Reports”