Serial STB Control

Post your suggestions for improving TVLobby here
Phantos

Serial STB Control

Postby Phantos » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:59 pm

I would love the ability to control my STB using its serial port. (Sony HD200). I have read in these forums of one person doing it and there is a fellow in the snapstream forums that actually wrote a girder plug for it. Is this a possibility with ML/TVLobby?

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:16 pm

A good serial interface can't be beat for device control. Using Girder works great if someone's already written the interface. That's how I control my Rotel pre/pro - using a Girder GML that someone wrote - though the 2-way doesn't work with ML. I would love to get 2-way serial working with the Rotel directly through MLS, but that would certainly take a bit more work than just using the Girder file...

give it a rip!

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:48 pm

Phantos,

Can you post links to any information available on the HD200 serial protocol. You may be able to control it via MLRS232Send or MLGenericSerial plug-ins right now - or a plug-in could be made for it if necessary.

Phantos

Postby Phantos » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:23 am

Here is the URL on a Snapstream forum where someone has written and offers the HD200 (and other Sony STB's) girder file. He doesn't spell out the actual commands that is sent, but this is where I learned it is possible.

http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12422

There is one thread in the DVDLobby forum here where someone mentions that they control the HD200 via serial here:

http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/foru ... ight=hd200 but they don't mention how. Its the posting by acaciolo on Feb 4. I am afraid neither spell out the commands sent to the HD200, but the girder file in the 1st post is in ascii so I imagine if someone could decipher it the commands could be learned. I have attached the file here. HTH

Phantos

Postby Phantos » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:22 pm

I believe I have found a page on the net listing the HD200 Serial Command set. I hope this helps further.

http://www.thecontrolworks.com/hd200.htm

mediastorm
Developer
Developer

Postby mediastorm » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:52 pm

dreicher wrote:Phantos,

Can you post links to any information available on the HD200 serial protocol. You may be able to control it via MLRS232Send or MLGenericSerial plug-ins right now - or a plug-in could be made for it if necessary.

Dan,

The 200 uses the revised RCA protocol. Attached are all the docs I have on the 200. It's a fairly easy protocol.

Phantos

Postby Phantos » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:19 am

I was just wondering if anyone found any more information or have tips in getting this setup using the GenericSerial plugin.

mediastorm
Developer
Developer

Postby mediastorm » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:07 pm

Phantos wrote:I was just wondering if anyone found any more information or have tips in getting this setup using the GenericSerial plugin.

I need to get off my butt and finish the plug-in for the HTL-HD. Once that is done it wouldn't take hardly any time to modify it to use the HD200 version of the protocol instead of the HD300 version used now.

uddinz

Postby uddinz » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:41 pm

a hd200 plug in would be wonderful!!! do we need to set up a beer fund for you?

Phantos

Postby Phantos » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:19 pm

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Return to “TVLobby Feature Requests”