Channel Scrolling

Post your suggestions for improving TVLobby here
jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Channel Scrolling

Postby jjjukebox » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:30 pm

Just got TVLobby and it works great. Congrats!

I would like to see the abilty to type in the channel number to start the channel scroll via a number pad of some sort. Scrolling down the channels with the up/down arrows is very time consuming when you have over 300 channels.

Is there any way I can add this function on my own?
J.J. Jukebox

Bago
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Bago » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:01 pm

I agree this would be a VERY nice feature considering the number of channles out there. I however would like to see this as a Command to the TVLobby plug-in like: MLTVLobby|SetChannle:221

mzemina

Re: Channel Scrolling

Postby mzemina » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:50 pm

jjjukebox wrote:Just got TVLobby and it works great. Congrats!

I would like to see the abilty to type in the channel number to start the channel scroll via a number pad of some sort. Scrolling down the channels with the up/down arrows is very time consuming when you have over 300 channels.

Is there any way I can add this function on my own?

How about an option that just allows the channels to scroll like TVGuide? It would be so cool to allow this screen to be configurable in the size and then allow in the top 25% (as an example) to have the weather information scaled to fit and then maybe a short video clip (configured and dynamically linked to specific data based on time/day/some other data) in the corner be displayed. This would be great to have it like a multi-display area to have different pieces of information be displayed on the same screen.

What do you think, too over the top? If this could be made then in addition to TV channel information any XML based data could be displayed - like Airline info, hotel events, etc. Then this could be sold to many different industries and resellers could make quite a bit of money due to the low price compared to other similar applications that are out there!

What do you all you guys think??

Mike Zemina

Return to “TVLobby Feature Requests”