Same channel information on a different channel number.

Post your suggestions for improving TVLobby here
kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:47 am

Fonceur,

Log works a treat! Much more usefull in terms of debugging. Attached.

I swapped position for the hallmark and QVC channels. However they still appear in their other postions (5 and 7, should be 6 and 8). Still no duplicate entries.

VH1 is only showing 1 entry, when parsed from the channel map (appears twice in the same lineup).

database attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DVDLobby, MuL, JRMC, TV Lobby, DVD Profiler.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:38 am

kgudge wrote:Log works a treat!

Good! I'll need to clean up what actually gets written in it and probably add the same thing for TVLobby itself...

However they still appear in their other postions (5 and 7, should be 6 and 8).

Er, you swapped Hallmark and QVC instead of Central and QVC... Not quite what I was trying to test for... ;)

Still no duplicate entries.

I found out why, the upper boundary of a 0-index array isn't the same as it's size... Duh! ;)

TVListings version 3.0.71

- Fix for the missing duplicates.
Last edited by Fonceur on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:34 am

Er, you swapped Hallmark and QVC instead of Central and QVC... Not quite what I was trying to test for...

A clear case of user error....... :oops:

I have now made the changes requested and running with .71 build. Update shortly.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:26 am

Well knock me down with a feather......

It works!

;-)

Two minor observations, the lineup changes didn't get propagated to the plugin until I closed the UI and re-opened it, I actually restarted the server. Going to test this further but I'm fairly sure I saw this before and closing and restarting the UI is all that is needed.

VH1 is still only recognized as a single channel (occurs twice under cable lineup). If this is a limitation, i.e duplicates can only occur on different providers that is fine by me.

Suggestion re new logging feature, should be a switch in the next version of the plugin to turn on/off. Or perhaps a filename, if no filename no logging?

Currently each run is appended to the log this could lead to a very large log file, disk space issues if left on by mistake, a limit log to Xmb and wrap the log, overwriting the start of the log is a thought.

Nice job BTW, thanks again!

Kevin

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:53 am

I changed the name of the log file to TVListings.log. It will be a lot less verbose, so it shouldn't be growing too much. The "debug" checkbox will be in a later release of TVLobby itself.

The second VH1 line was never actually reached due the same "upper boundary of an array" issue... ;)

Version 3.0.72

- Cut down on the debug spam.

- Fixed more Upper boundary issues...
Last edited by Fonceur on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:58 am

kgudge wrote:Two minor observations, the lineup changes didn't get propagated to the plugin until I closed the UI and re-opened it

You could probably use a SetLineupFor command, to force a refresh...

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:11 pm

kgudge wrote:
Two minor observations, the lineup changes didn't get propagated to the plugin until I closed the UI and re-opened it

You need to unload the plugin to get the lineup changes into the plugins UI (lineup tab). MLClient works fine, setlineup causes the client update to occur.

Hope that is clearer.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:26 pm

kgudge wrote:You need to unload the plugin to get the lineup changes into the plugins UI (lineup tab).

Oh right, of course. That tab is only filled while the plugin is loading, as the lineups are not expected to change that often.

I might see about adding some kind of reload button, but I suspect that would have impacts all over the place and might not be worth the hassle...

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:00 pm

Like I said minor observations.....

I happened to be in "testing mode" on the server and using the plugins UI. Something I would not expect to do 99.99% of the time. Maybe a twiki note to document.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:41 pm

So, should I assume that the latest version fixed the VH1 duplicate? ;)

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:38 pm

Sorry was away for the weekend, just got back. Yes all is well with the VH1 channel and the other duplicate channels.

Return to “TVLobby Feature Requests”